Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

sedati

Desert and Ice areas now visible (no fond memories of slippery ice levels) and Bowser's castle's scaffolding coming down.
1588787754147.png

sedati

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 11.39.05 AM.png

Long path leading to courtyard with entry pipe/bridge. Seeing that the single entrance/exit is the approach going forward with Fantasic Worlds, how good an idea is this? Diagon Ally seems the best example of this strategy. I haven't been there on a very busy day, but even on a moderate one there's basically an instant choke point upon entry. The scale of the pipe is big, and I'm sure they've run crowd calculations. The long path will likely be utilized as a holding area for the land when at capacity. Even the distance from the pipe entry to the land outlet is pretty long making me wonder what's inside? Is there a themed show scene that transitions us from pipe to Peach's castle?

BrianLo

View attachment 471998
Long path leading to courtyard with entry pipe/bridge. Seeing that the single entrance/exit is the approach going forward with Fantasic Worlds, how good an idea is this? Diagon Ally seems the best example of this strategy. I haven't been there on a very busy day, but even on a moderate one there's basically an instant choke point upon entry. The scale of the pipe is big, and I'm sure they've run crowd calculations. The long path will likely be utilized as a holding area for the land when at capacity. Even the distance from the pipe entry to the land outlet is pretty long making me wonder what's inside? Is there a themed show scene that transitions us from pipe to Peach's castle?

Hogsmeade and Nintendoland also don't connect to complete a loop. That annoys me.

Tom Morrow

View attachment 471998

Diagon Alley actually does have two entrances. On peak days, one is the designated entrance and one is exit only.

sedati

Diagon Alley actually does have two entrances. On peak days, one is the designated entrance and one is exit only.
Do you mean how it's split in the center, or is there another entrance I'm not aware of? I'm assuming Nintendo could divide the pipe as well. But all the Fantastic World's seem to have one (large) entrance with no paths between lands. Hub only access.

Rob562

Do you mean how it's split in the center, or is there another entrance I'm not aware of? I'm assuming Nintendo could divide the pipe as well. But all the Fantastic World's seem to have one (large) entrance with no paths between lands. Hub only access.

Diagon has its main entrance through the bricks, but for exit it actually has two exits paths. One to the immediate left as you're facing the way you came in, the other on the far side of the Weasley's building (near the spitting fountain and the Owl Post). Both have themed signs saying "Exit This Way". (You can also enter DA through these walkways) On the London side they come out of the white Wyndhams facade.

I haven't been there on a super busy day, but I can easily see Universal enforcing one-way travel on peak days. Presumably the pipe traffic flow at Nintendo will operate the same way; one way in through the main themed pipe, guests encouraged and sometimes required to exit through side exits.

-Rob

JoeCamel

Diagon has its main entrance through the bricks, but for exit it actually has two exits paths. One to the immediate left as you're facing the way you came in, the other on the far side of the Weasley's building (near the spitting fountain and the Owl Post). Both have themed signs saying "Exit This Way". (You can also enter DA through these walkways)

-Rob
You can but you are doing it wrong if you do. IMO there is only one proper way to enter DA and when I see confused looking people coming in the exit my thematic heart breaks. They came all that way and spent all that money to be denied one of the greatest reveals ever created.

Last edited:

sedati

Here's a great pic showing the main entrance split:
1590441755837.png

But wow, there might be real magic afoot because searching for these other paths was very difficult. Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure an check these out whenever I'm lucky enough to return:
1590439006924.png

1590440657020.png

And I assume these let you out on either side of this facade:
1590439724105.png

So, looking again at what we have for Nintendo, we see three doorways at Peach's castle:
1590441567113.png

And now when I look at this once more, it all makes sense:
1590441578855.png

The pipe (#1) is the main entrance leading to the center door of the castle. If you look on either side of the pipe, it seems the walkway goes around a bit. These (#2+3) would be exits that would align with the flanking doors of the castle.
Better than I thought, but still has everyone directed to one general exit/entrance even if it's split for crowd control. The Epic Universe art seems to show a possible second entrance/exit through an adjoining gift shop.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

I wonder what "Factory" is? I don't think it's been in any of the concept art, must be either a shop or some sort of interactive experience thing.

Also looks like they "cloned" the entrance to the DK miniland (on the path underneath the bridge). Could the land that's next to Nintendo be used as future expansion for USJ or is it used for essential backstage functions?

Lintemuthstudios

I wonder what "Factory" is? I don't think it's been in any of the concept art, must be either a shop or some sort of interactive experience thing.

Also looks like they "cloned" the entrance to the DK miniland (on the path underneath the bridge). Could the land that's next to Nintendo be used as future expansion for USJ or is it used for essential backstage functions?

It's going to be DK. The parking lot is the exact same shape as DK is supposed to be in Orlando.

BasiltheBatLord

So there's still no opening timeline for this? Kind of insane how it's been 5 years now and there's never been an officially confirmed opening timeline except "by the Olympics"

JT3000

So there's still no opening timeline for this? Kind of insane how it's been 5 years now and there's never been an officially confirmed opening timeline except "by the Olympics"

I don't know, maybe there's some global crisis or something that's keeping them from announcing a firm opening date (or even holding an Olympics.) But I'm just theorizing here.

sedati

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 7.05.32 PM.png

Looks like they may add a second path/bridge in the future. This would lead to Hogsmeade but sits at a higher elevation so it may need to be stairs. Speculation only.
As a side note, seeing the star on the ground makes me feel walking over it would turn you invincible for a time and you would then run full speed through the tunnel, plowing away any in your path.

sedati

I absolutely LOVE the way it looks. My only concern is lack of shade.
Looks vibrant and fun though also cluttered and tight. My biggest concern remains the small amount of pathways or open space in the land. As for shade, the land is basically a big bowl, so outside of when the sun is high, there may be a fair amount of shade cast by the high walls and structures. Can't wait until we start getting official images from within.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom