Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Stripes

IDK @Tom Morrow I think this looks amazing!

The color saturation in those photos is blinding. Here's something more realistic.
EOFcJmOU8AAj7Mf

magicallactose

I'd have to say it actually looks better with the heavier saturation. In this image it looks sun-faded.

Strongly disagree there. The over-saturated pics make everything look a few notches too 'loud' to me. Especially considering that these particular 'mountain ranges' are the tallest parts of Mario World. They benefit from the forced perspective trick of being a bit more subdued. I wouldn't be surprised if the ground level structures are a few hues more vivid.

Stripes

I'd have to say it actually looks better with the heavier saturation. In this image it looks sun-faded.
Most humans prefer higher color saturation when looking at non-human images. When you're browsing TVs in a store, every TV is set to vivid picture mode. Some may even set their own TVs to vivid, even though the colors are not accurate in the slightest. However looking at humans with very saturated colors is different as the colors are so obviously unnatural. A little bit of color in the face suddenly makes someone look like they've gone way overboard with the makeup.

It's not surprising to me that anyone would prefer the more saturated look. More vibrant colors are generally more appealing to the eye. But it's not even close to accurate. Also keep in mind that what you prefer in images may not translate to the real world.

Also bear in mind that the quality of the sky is poorer in the picture I posted, so you can expect colors in better conditions to be a bit more vibrant though not approaching the levels seen in the Instagram post.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Most humans prefer higher color saturation when looking at non-human images. When you're browsing TVs in a store, every TV is set to vivid picture mode. Some may even set their own TVs to vivid, even though the colors are not accurate in the slightest. However looking at humans with very saturated colors is different as the colors are so obviously unnatural. A little bit of color in the face suddenly makes someone look like they've gone way overboard with the makeup.

It's not surprising to me that anyone would prefer the more saturated look. More vibrant colors are generally more appealing to the eye. But it's not even close to accurate. Also keep in mind that what you prefer in images may not translate to the real world.

Also bear in mind that the quality of the sky is poorer in the picture I posted, so you can expect colors in better conditions to be a bit more vibrant though not approaching the levels seen in the Instagram post.
I’m very familiar with how color and lighting and photography and displays work. I never use most image enhancers on modern TVs because they mostly degrade the image.

But since they’re going for the “literally the 2D games/ Super Mario 3D World“ look, those games are among the most heavily color-saturated video games on the market. What we’re seeing in the newer image is not true to the games and hopefully the theory that the colors closer to the ground are more saturated is true.

Using Seuss Landing for example, although it is supposed to be less saturated and pastel colors, the result is it looks sun-bleached and dirty even when it isn’t.

sedati

Static Vs Kinetic:
We know the clouds move, but what else. Diagon Alley set a bit of a bad precedent (though it looks great in photos.) I'm expecting the coins to spin, and it seem likely based on how they are mounted. What of the Goombas, Koopas, Piranah Plants, Twhomp and Yoshi?

Yoshi is on a turntable, and will roam around the tree.
1582421650311.png

Here he is in a different position:
1582421861514.png

The Goombas and Koopa shell seem to be on tracks that could move them back and forth.
The Whomp seems to be static. though perhaps he would wiggle as he does in the game before dropping (though there seem to be no mechanism for any actual drop installed.)
The Piranah Plants are inconclusive as far as I can tell so far, though the ads show them moving far more than seems likely.
Also, is there a Chain Chomp anywhere? That would be an awesome addition, but would really need to be fully animated.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

Static Vs Kinetic:
We know the clouds move, but what else. Diagon Alley set a bit of a bad precedent (though it looks great in photos.) I'm expecting the coins to spin, and it seem likely based on how they are mounted. What of the Goombas, Koopas, Piranah Plants, Twhomp and Yoshi?

View attachment 451278
View attachment 451279
The Goombas and Koopa shell seem to be on tracks that could move them back and forth.
The Whomp seems to be static. though perhaps he would wiggle as he does in the game before dropping (though there seem to be no mechanism for any actual drop installed.)
The Piranah Plants are inconclusive as far as I can tell so far, though the ads show them moving far more than seems likely.
Also, is there a Chain Chomp anywhere? That would be an awesome addition, but would really need to be fully animated.

Close, but Yoshi isn't on a turntable, he is on a circular track that has rises and dips on it. So Yoshi will not only go around the tree, he will go up and down also. And just below Yoshi, is a Bullet Bill canon with a track coming out of it, so I expect Bullet Bill to come out of the canon.

Stripes

Static Vs Kinetic:

View attachment 451278
View attachment 451279

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything.
1582421861514.png

lazyboy97o

It will interesting to see if there is any hesitancy with regards to wearing a headset when Mario Kart opens in Japan later this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom