Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

Jimmy Thick

The "port" can be played anywhere ;)

I'd consider it more of a multiplat though since both versions come out the same day.

The review is from Edge which is a magazine so the issue understandably has to be printed beforehand and people seem to have already gotten ahold of the issue.
edge10a3utf.jpg

Compare Twilight Princess on the GameCube and Wii, the GC version was a far superior product when both launched in my opinion, i feel the same will be true now, portability does not concern me.

As for reviews, there are several if you know where to look, most have spoilers of some sort so I didn't want to link anything that could possibly ruin anything for anyone.

Plus there has been a lot of data mining associated with one site with the biggest review, that could spoil the whole game, don't want that on my conscience.

Only a couple days to go, great reviews will only get people more excited.

Mike S

Compare Twilight Princess on the GameCube and Wii, the GC version was a far superior product when both launched in my opinion, i feel the same will be true now, portability does not concern me.

As for reviews, there are several if you know where to look, most have spoilers of some sort so I didn't want to link anything that could possibly ruin anything for anyone.

Only a couple days to go, great reviews will only get people more excited.
Well from what we know the Switch version of BotW is the one that has more going for it over Wii U than what TP on Wii had on GC. It's performance as well as the portability.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Well from what we know the Switch version of BotW is the one that has more going for it over Wii U than what TP on Wii had on GC. It's performance as well as the portability.
From the limited I have read it seems that framerate is better on the switch than on the wii u version if that sort of thing matters to you.

Mike S

From the limited I have read it seems that framerate is better on the switch than on the wii u version if that sort of thing matters to you.
That matters to anyone because extreme slowdown can be a real pain. I haven't looked up that topic for BotW though so I don't know how "bad" it is.

Jimmy Thick

Well honestly, GC had the best controller ever designed. Even the Wii U port of TP didn't capture me like the GC version did, and the Wii U version had far superior graphics, I just fondly remember the GC version.

The Switch version should have better graphics and from what I've seen in side by side comparisons it's night and day, but I still believe to play the game on the system it was designed for, TP and Resident Evil 4 come to mind right away in terms of ports that were lacking, but again my opinion.

Only thing I'm shakey about it the dlc for Breath, I'm hoping the Wii U version will get everything the Switch version gets, I could see Switch getting possibly more as a way to boost sales of the new system.

Mike S

Well honestly, GC had the best controller ever designed. Even the Wii U port of TP didn't capture me like the GC version did, and the Wii U version had far superior graphics, I just fondly remember the GC version.

The Switch version should have better graphics and from what I've seen in side by side comparisons it's night and day, but I still believe to play the game on the system it was designed for, TP and Resident Evil 4 come to mind right away in terms of ports that were lacking, but again my opinion.

Only thing I'm shakey about it the dlc for Breath, I'm hoping the Wii U version will get everything the Switch version gets, I could see Switch getting possibly more as a way to boost sales of the new system.
I think the current DLC was confirmed for both versions. I won't be buying it until we know more.

Cesar R M

The "port" can be played anywhere ;)

I'd consider it more of a multiplat though since both versions come out the same day.

The review is from Edge which is a magazine so the issue understandably has to be printed beforehand and people seem to have already gotten ahold of the issue.
edge10a3utf.jpg
so.. we have another masterpiece?
Another "game of the decade" game?
Above legendary games like Mass Effect, Metro, Bioshock, Oblivion, Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear , etc..?

Mike S

Above legendary games like Mass Effect, Metro, Bioshock, Oblivion, Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear , etc..?
I've only played one of those but apparently so.

Are you getting a Switch this week?

snek

As far as ocarina is concerned, for me that will always have nostalgia on its side, making it the best game ever. But I'm so glad botw is getting extremely positive feedback! I can't wait to play it on my new switch soon! <3

Jimmy Thick

I highly doubt it will surpass Witcher 3 which redefined what is possible in mature interactive entertainment, but from what I've read Breath should be something special without question.

Mike S

I highly doubt it will surpass Witcher 3 which redefined what is possible in mature interactive entertainment, but from what I've read Breath should be something special without question.
Don't really need to say any more than that. The two games are for completely different demographics with Zelda covering bases that Witcher can't due to the latters mature content and vice versa. They'll both be good.

Jimmy Thick

Big review from Gamepro giving BotW a 94/100, that's an incredible review from Gamepro who are notorious to low ball reviews. BotW is the second highest rated game ever in Gamepro history behind GTA IV. In comparison Witcher 3, quite possibly my greatest game of all time got a 92/100 and yes those two points are a pretty big deal when dealing with Gamepro.

Too much hype? Possibly but Nintendo delivers when it comes to their core games and as of right now I think I just might take the weekend off for BotW.

Mike S

Big review from Gamepro giving BotW a 94/100, that's an incredible review from Gamepro who are notorious to low ball reviews. BotW is the second highest rated game ever in Gamepro history behind GTA IV. In comparison Witcher 3, quite possibly my greatest game of all time got a 92/100 and yes those two points are a pretty big deal when dealing with Gamepro.

Too much hype? Possibly but Nintendo delivers when it comes to their core games and as of right now I think I just might take the weekend off for BotW.
Not always...
orig_b3a0c58a1e83ffec6798c15e6dec4f87.jpg

Jimmy Thick

This should be in a different thread. Video games have nothing to with Universal at least what this thread was supposed to be discussing.

Writing about game reviews? Yeah maybe you have a point.

But this area in Universal is based upon characters from video games, there is really no way you can talk about a Mario Kart attraction without discussing the video game in general. Plus if you mention Mario or any character, first thought would more than likely be " Yeah, I remember the first time I used the warp world...", and others will more than likely chime in on their personal exploits in game.

Discussing video games from Nintendo is not derailing a thread about Nintendo at Universal, it's a healthy discussion about what the characters are all about and ultimately a big reason Universal pursued the license to begin with.

And to be real blunt, pardon me, but there is no real news about the attractions anyway and probably nothing concrete until later this year or next year at the earliest, talking about the games right now keeps the onus on this area and gets people even more stoked about it.

snek

Yes but whatever games that end up in Nintendoland will be the ones with widest audience. They have to appeal to guys and girls. I'm thinking you will see more characters like Yoshi as opposed to characters from games that are almost all guys playing them. Example is Zelda, how many girl's do you think play that? I have never run into a single girl who plays or has played that game. A more useful line of thought is what would be the games with the best shot at covering the widest demographic and still make a fun attraction.

Mario is a no brainer, I'm sure Princess Peach will show up, Yoshi will be somewhere.
I agree they'll pick familiar games but nintendo has probably the most popular IPs among all genders so we'll see mario, zelda, smash brothers, pokemon I'm sure. I know more girls who play pokemom than guys personally. And zelda herself is amazing for little girls to get to know. I'm a woman who loves all of the games mentioned in this thread and most of my girl friends do too. If that old cartoon world can survive in the parks, any video game can. So I hope they go with what will make the best attractions and not try to pull lesser loved ips just to appeal to what they think girls want.

Cesar R M

I've only played one of those but apparently so.

Are you getting a Switch this week?
No, I'm still firmly on the PC Master Race side.
I bought a PS4.. only for Ratchet and Clank.. and I still have not touched that game nor the other 2 I need to finish.
I have a huge backlog that is not getting better lol (specially since ME Andromeda is coming).

I also was hugely disappointed in Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Riddled with bugs, months after release.. theres still game breaking bugs and horrible graphical glitches.
I swear Square Enix is going to crap as fast as Capcom and Konami now.
Their titles are now filled with microtransactions, money grabs, DLCs that were actually part of the main storyline and the gamebreaking bugs in the core game. And they dared to complain and ask why they didnt sold more copies.

Mike S

Yes but whatever games that end up in Nintendoland will be the ones with widest audience. They have to appeal to guys and girls. I'm thinking you will see more characters like Yoshi as opposed to characters from games that are almost all guys playing them. Example is Zelda, how many girl's do you think play that? I have never run into a single girl who plays or has played that game. A more useful line of thought is what would be the games with the best shot at covering the widest demographic and still make a fun attraction.

Mario is a no brainer, I'm sure Princess Peach will show up, Yoshi will be somewhere.
It'll likely be different lands.

Mario, DK, and Yoshi in USF and then Zelda and Pokémon in IoA/Site B.
I miss the old squaresoft. I still play legend of mana at least once a year. Masterpiece.
I'd love a Super Mario RPG remake...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom