Nintendo partnering with Universal to make attractions.

ToTBellHop

The question now is whether they are fine keeping it for another 4 years or not. In a dream situation, they start Zelda now to open around 2027 and then move to Pokémon but we shall see. With DreamWorks this year (and a parade and nighttime show) IoA really should be next in line.

WDWFREAK53

The question now is whether they are fine keeping it for another 4 years or not. In a dream situation, they start Zelda now to open around 2027 and then move to Pokémon but we shall see. With DreamWorks this year (and a parade and nighttime show) IoA really should be next in line.
I agree that it should but with word of mouth still riding high with Velocicoaster, the smart play is USF. Nobody will be talking about the DreamWorks overlay.
When/If Pokemon opens, then all of the buzz will be on USF.

WDWFREAK53

While USF and IOA has gotten lots of love, IOA was one hit after the other... USF's only hit was Diagon. Fallon is ok (gets underserved hate thanks to the abundance of screens throughout the rest of the park), but everything else was a dud. Minion "Land" is half baked and all the other good things in the park are very dated.
Exactly. Actually I rather enjoy the Fallon pre-ride area.
F&F, Fallon, Minions, and Dreamworks are/will fall flat.
Minions and Dreamworks is separate from F&F and Fallon though because I look at that as more of cohesive branding for the company rather than something to draw people to the parks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Fallon is ok (gets underserved hate thanks to the abundance of screens throughout the rest of the park)
Or... hear me out... it stars a comedian many find to be not funny making self-referential allusions to his show and his characters that are a complete bewilderment to anyone who doesn't watch his show.

Oh, look, a character of his who wears tight pants... is that the joke? Are we supposed to laugh here?

I realize that's a recurring character on his show that makes the audience go nuts (for some reason). But I had to look that up. The ride, in its hubris, doesn't introduce the character to those not in the know, but assumes everyone knows the character and will get a kick out of seeing it.

And that's how most of the ride goes.

My experience of the much-lauded pre-show was that the quartet was in between sets, so, I only heard half a song. And everyone was milling around confused as to where they should hang out until their color was called. The queue should have had a big screen with the best of Fallon's bits and characters so as to introduce newbies to him and his show. Instead, the video portion of the pre-show was his most annoying character, Sara, in which Fallon himself looks embarrassed to be doing.... and no one was laughing.

I'd rather go on F&F. At least, now, the Universal cast royally makes fun and roasts the pre-show bits into something that's truly entertaining and makes me laugh.

So, IMO, the hate is deserved.

Thank you for attending my TED-Talk.

WDWFREAK53

Or... hear me out... it stars a comedian many find to be not funny making self-referential allusions to his show and his characters that are a complete bewilderment to anyone who doesn't watch his show.

Oh, look, a character of his who wears tight pants... is that the joke? Are we supposed to laugh here?

I realize that's a recurring character on his show that makes the audience go nuts (for some reason). But I had to look that up. The ride, in its hubris, doesn't introduce the character to those not in the know, but assumes everyone knows the character and will get a kick out of seeing it.

My experience of the much-lauded pre-show was that the quartet was in between sets, so, I only heard half a song. And everyone was milling around confused as to where they should hang out until their color was called. The queue should have had a big screen with the best of Fallon's bits and characters so as to introduce newbies to him and his show. Instead, the video portion of the pre-show was his most annoying character, Sara, in which Fallon himself looks embarrassed to be doing.... and no one was laughing.

I'd rather go on F&F. At least, now, the Universal cast royally makes fun and roasts the pre-show bits into something that's truly entertaining and makes me laugh.

I will completely agree. My kids didn't get it. Most kids can't stay up late enough to even watch the show. I don't watch it but I do know the characters from skits that get passed around online.

I liked the pre-ride area because it did feel as if you're waiting to be called to the show (almost as if you're in a large greenroom). Aside from that, the ride could go and I don't think anybody would bat an eye.

rd805

I like Jimmy - and find his interactions/games with the celebrity guests hysterical. I also love the open space queue system, and if they have entertainment coming through every once in a while, it really helps give a nice surprise before going on the ride.

The ride is forgettable, but the queue & ride show are a very mirror like comparison to NBC Studios in NY.
They did a lot well with it - but I also question re-ride ability for ANOTHER (unenclosed) simulator, with a talk show based theme?

I'd prefer a movie based attraction any day, even though I enjoy Jimmy Fallon as a whole.

Andrew25

Not defending the choice of having a Fallon theme, but it's an entertaining ride and does its job. Even without knowing who Fallon is, it's a fun simulator ride.

sonoma15

The queue should have had a big screen with the best of Fallon's bits and characters so as to introduce newbies to him and his show.
It does have that though, in fact it has MULTIPLE giant screens showing clips from the show. Honestly watching the clips is one of my favorite parts of the queue.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It does have that though, in fact it has MULTIPLE giant screens showing clips from the show. Honestly watching the clips is one of my favorite parts of the queue.
Hmm.. I only remember going from the color separation holding room to the pre-show explanatory room and then into the auditorium.

But it was long ago... a one and done for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom