Nine Dragons

MissViv

Original Poster
Hoping this Chinese restaurant will be opening before our trip in October 2021.

We ate there in early March 2020 and had a wonderful experience. We did not even have a reservation for dinner but just walked in to see if anything was available and was seated immediately. I am a BIG Chinese food fanatic and have been thinking about this restaurant ever since!

jpinkc

We love the atmosphere there but over our visits its been a rollercoaster on food. First time with kids it was great had to come back then next trip ugh, we all hated it. We do go every trip if not for dinner at least lunch, and its been hit or miss everytime. My wife feels its been more misses than hits.

JIMINYCR

Same with us. But weve always had dinner reservations. A few delightful meals and a few disappointing ones. It would be nice to have some consistency from the kitchen. With it being closed at this time, I would have been passing on it for a dining reservation anyway on our May trip.

ToTBellHop

We love the atmosphere there but over our visits its been a rollercoaster on food. First time with kids it was great had to come back then next trip ugh, we all hated it. We do go every trip if not for dinner at least lunch, and its been hit or miss everytime. My wife feels its been more misses than hits.
Then why do you keep going?

We thought Yak and Yeti was better.

crawale

Hoping this Chinese restaurant will be opening before our trip in October 2021.

We ate there in early March 2020 and had a wonderful experience. We did not even have a reservation for dinner but just walked in to see if anything was available and was seated immediately. I am a BIG Chinese food fanatic and have been thinking about this restaurant ever since!
Wow - We thought this was the worst and most expensive Chinese food ever.

horizons82

A funny story about Nine Dragons...
My wife and I consider it a decent restaurant--not high on our priority list, but when we were passholders we liked to eat at different restaurants at EPCOT, and we had a few pleasant meals at ND.
Years ago, on our last visit, my wife ordered what I believe was a dish called Typhoon Shrimp.
Neither of us are afraid of a meal with some heat or spice, and the menu did have a little pepper symbol or something signifying it was spicy, but this was off-the-charts hot to the point my wife had to stop after a few bites, could not finish the dish, and was gulping down water like crazy.
I'm not a seafood person but I tried a bite of either a noodle or vegetable or something that was in the dish, and my mouth was en fuego! We both thought this surely had to be a mistake in the prep or cooking process because certainly no regular tourist or theme park visitor would have any clue what they would be getting themselves into with how insanely hot this was!
We've both had plenty of spicy/hot meals from various ethnic restaurants and have even tried some crazy hot sauces, but this was unlike anything we had ever had before and could not imagine it was meant to be served this way.
Even as a leftover cold from the fridge it was still too much! The memory of this provides us with a good laugh though :)

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

My wife and I consider it a decent restaurant--not high on our priority list, but when we were passholders we liked to eat at different restaurants at EPCOT, and we had a few pleasant meals at ND.
Years ago, on our last visit, my wife ordered what I believe was a dish called Typhoon Shrimp.
Neither of us are afraid of a meal with some heat or spice, and the menu did have a little pepper symbol or something signifying it was spicy, but this was off-the-charts hot to the point my wife had to stop after a few bites, could not finish the dish, and was gulping down water like crazy.
I'm not a seafood person but I tried a bite of either a noodle or vegetable or something that was in the dish, and my mouth was en fuego! We both thought this surely had to be a mistake in the prep or cooking process because certainly no regular tourist or theme park visitor would have any clue what they would be getting themselves into with how insanely hot this was!
We've both had plenty of spicy/hot meals from various ethnic restaurants and have even tried some crazy hot sauces, but this was unlike anything we had ever had before and could not imagine it was meant to be served this way.
Even as a leftover cold from the fridge it was still too much! The memory of this provides us with a good laugh though :)
That happened to me with I think an etouffee from the sit-down at Port Orleans. I asked for extra tomato sauce to try to dilute it, ended up taking it to go and adding water lol.

As far as Nine Dragons goes, it’s OK for a quick, less expensive vs the rest of WS, very basic Chinese that will be more filling than a QS if you order correctly. It’s also cover if it’s raining. 🤣

horizons82

I also think they did a nice job with the renovation, which feels like just a few years ago, but in reality is probably more like 7 or 9 years ago. It's been quite a while since we've last been.

westie

Try the Kowloon Ribs!

thumbnail_IMG_0763.jpg

Hockey89

Disney is so against spice at all and make food for the masses I can’t even imagine what they had in the kitchen to make something spicy. Can’t imagine they have raw ghost peppers back there

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom