News Nightmare Scenario Unfolds for Disneyland Passholders as Reservations Disappear

Macro

Am I the only person here who has spent an entire day at California Adventure? 🤣
It's tougher with Aladdin gone. And now World of Color's down for some time from the looks of things. That was a couple of hours of stuff to do. Take out the best shows and DCA can run out of things to do pretty quickly.

Th3 DUd3

Aladdin was great. So was Blast! The latter did not stay very long, but it was amazing.
If you like Blast! you would very much like where it came from originally and watch a Drumcorps show. Puts the Disneyland band to shame and I wish they brought back Future Corps. The DCA army men are all usually ex-corps members.

Touchdown

I just don’t know why you would want to spend the entire day in DCA or DL for that matter, a great park is 100 ft away, why not do both?

That said I have no problems spending 8-1 in DCA and don’t run out of things to do before PH opens.

drizgirl

I just don’t know why you would want to spend the entire day in DCA or DL for that matter, a great park is 100 ft away, why not do both?

That said I have no problems spending 8-1 in DCA and don’t run out of things to do before PH opens.
While it’s very easy to park hop at DLR, it’s also not cheap. So some will choose to buy single park tickets.

LovePop

I just got an idea! Might have been mentioned already, but I love my idea so I'm going to talk about it anyway:

Why not charge the Key holders a discounted daily ticket price for days they are not blacked out but have no reservations available? I think it's fair to charge, say, 1/4 of the current ticket price. Like if currently the day tickets are $160 per day, the Key holder will pay $40. That way, they can still go to the parks any time they want (excepting their Key's blackout dates), with a free reservation or paid discount ticket. If they don't want to pay the extra, they can wait till their reservation comes in. If they want to go on a blackout date of their Key, then they pay full ticket price. That way, Key holders won't just drop in any time, but they can still do it any time they aren't blacked out without paying full day ticket prices, which makes no sense when you already have a Key.

My plan will increase your revenue while remove customer dissatisfaction about the new key system, and increase Key sales. Because right now, potential Key customers are definitely holding themselves back reading about all this "nightmare" news.

As far as controlling crowds go, there's only one way to control crowds: increase tickets price. I think Disney would have had a better customer response from raising prices significantly than from blocking them out unexpectedly, though the final effect of both are the same: in both cases, fewer people can go to Disneyland. But in the current situation, Disney is making less money while enduring more customer dissatisfaction, as the customers are feeling like they are not receiving what they thought they paid for.

beachlover4444

We’re coming from SC in 19 days. We are doing Sunday to Wednesday. We plan to get the enchant key. Those days are readily available. We’ll come back in April and October.

beachlover4444

I believe Disneyland wanted more ticketed guests in the park and now they can control the mix of ticketed guests and key holders. Clearly from all the complaints Disney was correct, keyholders clogged the parks on weekends. if you can hold 6 reservations at a time, you’re just going to need to be on top of how you choose your dates and be booking that coveted Saturday res the day it comes available. And if it limits the vloggers from being there because they’re loving the celebrity status that’s ok too. Not that I don’t enjoy some of them but man its Like everyone turned into you tubers these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom