Nightly Campfire & Move ?

col

i was going to but didnt. it looks like an awesome experience. i even brought marshmallows with me in my case just in case i went but coz i didnt i used them in my hot chocolate instead:slurp:

Upvote 0

minniemom25

We did it 3 years ago with very small children -- it was big fun. You can buy smores kits there at what I seem to remember being a reasonable price. Chip and Dale came out and there was a little sing along before the movie. We were staying at Ft. Wilderness but I don't think that was a requirement.

Upvote 0

nemobruce

You do not need to stay at Fort Wilderness to attend the Campfire Sing a long and movie. But you will have to take a bus from the outpost in the front of Fort Wilderness to the Meadows Trading Post and walk across the bridge to the Campfire. Remember to leave yourself some time to travel from the outpost to the trading post. I Believe the buses run every 10 to 20 minutes so factor that in, you will take the yellow or orange bus. Chip and Dale come out for a sing a long, meet and greet and then a movie. During the sing a long and movie you can roast marshmallows at the campfire. You can bring your own or buy them at the campfire. Hope this helps Have Fun! its a blast

Upvote 0

col

typhoonguy said:
Dont need to be a guest. The lot in which you park has no security host or gate, so you just park and hop on a bus. No resort ID necessary:)

did they not ask you for ID. i read and saw on vacation DVD's that you had to be a disney resort guest to go to these things.:)

Upvote 0

typhoonguy

col said:
did they not ask you for ID. i read and saw on vacation DVD's that you had to be a disney resort guest to go to these things.:)

nope, I go all the time. Went last night to see Piglet's BIG movie and will be there later this week for Toy Story 2. I think I might go at the end of the month to see Narnia too. The Nachos at the snack cart are yummy but avoid the Pizza... not so good.

Upvote 0

col

typhoonguy said:
nope, I go all the time. Went last night to see Piglet's BIG movie and will be there later this week for Toy Story 2. I think I might go at the end of the month to see Narnia too. The Nachos at the snack cart are yummy but avoid the Pizza... not so good.

thats cool experiencing that!! just one question: do you see or hear any animals at night (beside chip and dale)?

Upvote 0

momof2girls

We're planning on doing the campfire one of the nights that we're down in October. Does it run year round? We have ADRs at Whispering Canyon at 5:40. Will we have enough time to eat and get there??

Upvote 0

sweethalfling

Yes, you do see animals at Fort Wilderness as long as you are quiet. We saw many squirrels, rabbits, and birds but the best was an armadillo that liked to hang out in the driveway of our cabin.

We made it to the campfire on one night of our visit and the kids loved it. Smores kits were very reasonable. I think they were something like $4.85 for a large ziploc bag with graham crackers, 2 candy bars, plenty of marshmallows, and 2 roasting sticks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom