Night of Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulu

Original Poster
Would love a report from Night of Joy. Wish I were there!! Thanks!

IcicleM

UGH! Last night, 7 "children" were found doin the nasty in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, at LEAST 40 were banned from property, and over 50 pictures on Splash Mountain alone were inappropriate. They also steal merchandise, are rude to other cast members, and ignore the rules.

NOJ is the abbreviation, but I just call it "No Joy"

fizzle75

Would love a report from Night of Joy. Wish I were there!! Thanks!

I wish I were there too!:wave: We hope to make it down for Night of Joy one year. I am a huuuge fan of Christian music and Disney so Night of Joy would be pure "heaven" to me.

By the way Sulu, Welcome to the boards!:wave: Don't worry, some of us are kind and civilized.

Sulu

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Not where I'd want to be with my 11 and 8 year olds. We love a lot of the groups that are there, but if all that is going on, we'll stay home. Thanks again.

Thinker of Things

You brought up the fact of negative things happening last night at NOJ, however, you refused to tell how much of this happens on a regular basis. I know of 7 different times when I have came across couples "doing the dirty" within the past two months of me going there (Go at least twice a month). It's nothing new. Yes it isn't appropriate, but it happens everyday at the parks.

Also, I have two cousins that work security at the parks, have been for over 5 years, both of them, and there is not a big change in shoplifting during this event from what usually occurs on a regular basis.

It generally is a wonderful experience. I have been two years, unfortunately wasn't able to go this weekend because I am going for the AP Haunted Mansion Previews.

Welcome to the boards Sulu. :wave:

MrBug

Celebrate faith during two rockin' days in September! Catch live concerts from some of today's most powerful voices in Contemporary Christian music as they perform on stages throughout Magic Kingdom® Park! Be a part of this inspirational event that showcases the best in Christian Pop, Rock, Urban and Gospel music

Just curious - does Disney put this on of their own volition or is it sponsored?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Way to greet a new member!:mad:

That wasn't a greeting :)

Was that really necessary?

Yes, it was.

I'm guessing you saw the words Night of Joy and immediately decided that you just had to say something snotty.

Absolutely not. I reported on the event as I've seen it. I'm sorry you view my perception of this event as snotty.

If anyone else has something snotty and pointless to say...don't even bother clicking on reply and just move on to another thread.

I agree. However, if the truth needs to be told, then let it be told!

CoffeeJedi

It's the worst time of the year to be in the parks.
What are you talking about?! September is the best, there's no lines, free dining, not many kids...... are you insane?

UGH! Last night, 7 "children" were found doin the nasty in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House
I'm doing the math here....... 7 is not divisible by 2.....:drevil:

2gether

It's been a couple years...

But we have been and we love it.

If you are trying to get on rides, etc. it is not worth it. Lines are long and the kids are loud and excited.

If you want to watch great bands in unreal settings, it is amazing. We saw Switchfoot there a few years ago and were literally just yards away. You have to get in the mosh pit anywhere else to get that close.

I have heard all the negativity before and while I sympathize with cast members having hordes of excited kids running around at 12 in the morning, while they are exhausted, I still think it is way overblown. We almost didn't got because of stuff on these boards and we were glad we ignored it.

PintoColvig

I am at NoJ at this very moment (standing in line at The Lunching Pad to get a Turkey Leg for the wife!). Don't know about anyone "doin' the nasty" nor have I seen anyone close to it. But here's my take on mkt's post...I'm not surprised a bit that unchristian behavior would happen at a Christian event. As a former youth minister, I've sent more than one kid home early from a trip or event for violating the rules or for some kind of immoral behavior. As for NoJ, I've seen at least a dozen different denominations represented here tonight. They represent a wide range of beliefs and those beliefs can beget a variety of behaviors. Also, the majority of those here are teenagers who've come with youth groups. Just because they've come with a church doesn't mean they have embraced the values and beliefs of that church. Besides, get a group of teens together--any group--regardless of the nature of the event and it is quite possible that a few will misbehave. I wish it were not true for NoJ but apparently it is. I feel the biggest problem with these behaviors is a lack of supervision. Too many kids, not enough adults.

To the OP, check out NoJ at least once. It's pretty cool hearing Christian music throughout the park, seeing major Christian performers in front of the Castle, and watching Mickey dance to Christian hip-hop. It's not as good as it used to be, though. I went a few times back in the late 80s and early 90s. It was much more intimate back then and a few more concert venues throughout the park. Today, there are only four venues and they are concentrated in FL, TL and the Forecourt Stage. Also, there are too many people here with too few attractions open. The few that are open are pretty crowded. (The SM line stretches to AstroOrbiter!) One more thing, two of the concert locations (Galaxy Palace and Cosmic Rays) were too small for the crowds. People were turned away and told to come back for a later show. But if you wanted to be sure of getting in, you had to skip other concerts.

fizzle75

I am at NoJ at this very moment (standing in line at The Lunching Pad to get a Turkey Leg for the wife!). Don't know about anyone "doin' the nasty" nor have I seen anyone close to it. But here's my take on mkt's post...I'm not surprised a bit that unchristian behavior would happen at a Christian event. As a former youth minister, I've sent more than one kid home early from a trip or event for violating the rules or for some kind of immoral behavior. As for NoJ, I've seen at least a dozen different denominations represented here tonight. They represent a wide range of beliefs and those beliefs can beget a variety of behaviors. Also, the majority of those here are teenagers who've come with youth groups. Just because they've come with a church doesn't mean they have embraced the values and beliefs of that church. Besides, get a group of teens together--any group--regardless of the nature of the event and it is quite possible that a few will misbehave. I wish it were not true for NoJ but apparently it is. I feel the biggest problem with these behaviors is a lack of supervision. Too many kids, not enough adults.

To the OP, check out NoJ at least once. It's pretty cool hearing Christian music throughout the park, seeing major Christian performers in front of the Castle, and watching Mickey dance to Christian hip-hop. It's not as good as it used to be, though. I went a few times back in the late 80s and early 90s. It was much more intimate back then and a few more concert venues throughout the park. Today, there are only four venues and they are concentrated in FL, TL and the Forecourt Stage. Also, there are too many people here with too few attractions open. The few that are open are pretty crowded. (The SM line stretches to AstroOrbiter!) One more thing, two of the concert locations (Galaxy Palace and Cosmic Rays) were too small for the crowds. People were turned away and told to come back for a later show. But if you wanted to be sure of getting in, you had to skip other concerts.

Thank you,thank you...THANK YOU!!!:wave:

PintoColvig

I'm at the Red concert right now in Cosmic Rays. These guys rock! And I forgot how cool it was to see the stage rise up from below as the band begins to play. It's like the TL stage at DL. I tried to get in the Flyleaf concert but couldn't.

fizzle75

I'm at the Red concert right now in Cosmic Rays. These guys rock! And I forgot how cool it was to see the stage rise up from below as the band begins to play. It's like the TL stage at DL. I tried to get in the Flyleaf concert but couldn't.

Yeah, Red are pretty awesome. Did you catch the Newsboys and SCC shows? Any highlights?

NemoRocks78

Seized
I was at NOJ last night with some friends... had a good time. Outside of Space Mountain the lines weren't bad at all either (though we didn't have to wait much because my friend had severely sprained her ankle two days earlier and was in a wheelchair) - FL attractions were pretty much deserted when we went through there and Splash/Thunder were never posted at more than 40 min. when I was in the area. More attractions could've been open though (MILF was open though not advertised to be, but the TTA, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, and Country Bears were down and those could've sucked up a good amount of people). Never saw any major problems either, though the rowdy ones were definitely out and about.

PintoColvig

Don't mean to hijack this thread but here is a positive note. (I'm now in FL near Pooh awaiting the Kutless concert which is the group I most want to see tonight.) Earlier at the Mark Schultz concert, I noticed a CM who was directing traffic with his back to the stage. Yet, I could tell he was singing along with the music. I just saw him again and asked him if he volunteered to work tonight. He said "yes" and that, as a Christian, he was excited just to be here. So there's at least one CM who's glad to be here. I should have asked him if he saw anyone in Pooh's Playful Spot who was being a little too "playful". :lookaroun

I for one love NOJ and its been a while since I've been but its a great time. My buddy called me last night from the sanctus real concert just to let me hear some of there newer songs cus i couldn't go this year. But yea its awesome and what people don't seem to understand is its not for Christians, its for reaching out to lost people and with that you will have some kids/teens/adults that come to the event that their whole point is just to go to Disney and just to cause problems but to the OP that made those comments I'm sure that those things are a every day thing and the numbers are probably alot higher during regular business hours.:wave: I think everyone should go to NoJ at least once in their life time even if they don't like Christian music.

tirian

Quick, simple answers:

1) The NoJ is awesome, and every Disney geek needs to go just to see how Disney transforms the MK into a concert powerhouse.

2) Disney does this on their own; they sponsor it, schedule the acts, etc. This is either the event's 25th or 26th anniversary.

3) I've encountered rowdy kids before, but there is nothing out of the ordinary for a common summer night. Reports of "crazy teenagers" are grossly exaggerated. To assume that every teenager at NoJ is a Christian is as silly as assuming that everyone who goes to WDW is as nutty about the place as we are.

4) NOTHING IS WORSE THAN GRAD NIGHT! :eek: :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Quick, simple answers:

1) The NoJ is awesome, and every Disney geek needs to go just to see how Disney transforms the MK into a concert powerhouse.

2) Disney does this on their own; they sponsor it, schedule the acts, etc. This is either the event's 25th or 26th anniversary.

3) I've encountered rowdy kids before, but there is nothing out of the ordinary for a common summer night. Reports of "crazy teenagers" are grossly exaggerated. To assume that every teenager at NoJ is a Christian is as silly as assuming that everyone who goes to WDW is as nutty about the place as we are.

4) NOTHING IS WORSE THAN GRAD NIGHT! :eek: :D

I'd have to beg to differ and say that "Middle school science class field trip day" is by far the worst day to work at WDW, or at least Epcot. So maybe Grad Night has won - but only at MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom