Night of Joy - 6th/7th September??

MarkJ

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me what effect the "Nights of Joy" have with regard to

a: The Magic Kingdom
b: Hotels in Disney World??

We will be there at this time and I am already assuming that there will be no fireworks displays on each night and that the MK will close early?

Your help and experiences would be gratefully received

Mark

MarkJ

Original Poster
Yeah - I had seen that too - unfortunately the Park Hours and events are not yet up on the WDW site - so until this turns up its difficcult to make plans - there is also a similar event up at Universal on the same 2 days - must be Christian Rock Weekend in Orlando!!!

Maybe someone out there can tell us what effect these events have with regard to opeings and crowd numbers!!!!

Come on y'all

wsapooh

I have been at WDW several times during Night of Joy. The parks usually close earlier than usual in September just 'cause it's low season. I want to say MK closes at 7 or 8pm. Fireworks are not anywhere near as often either. Maybe 2-3 times a week. I try to stay at a different resort every year and I've had no problems doing that when I travel in September. I can usually get in anywhere I want - I usually book Apr, May, or Jun.

As far as crowds go, September is really a great time. Crowds are lighter. I haven't noticed any significant difference at MK on the actual dates of NOJ vs other dates before and after. Pretty much the same.

Personally, I don't mind the shorter park hours. I find that if the parks are open later, I stay there and ride things 2 or 3 times. Now that's really great and definately nothing to complain about. But with shorter park hours, I ride everything once (and with the lighter crowds, you can do your favorite attractions alot quicker 'cause the lines aren't long), hit favorites twice, go to the hotel and clean up. Then I like to go see something I haven't seen before. Eat in a new restaurant, visit a new club at Pleasure Island, or enjoy my resort's pool.

I just try to see it as an opportunity instead of a drawback. This will be my 8th time in 8 years and I still haven't see everything yet - not by a long shot. So many restaurants, so little time at WDW.

Now all of this info from past years may be different now because of the Fairytale vacation package. Hotels are full and parks are crowded. Hard to say this year.

Sir Hiss527

Night of Joy will affect the MK, and will close very early that day. But you can go to all the other parks, and hotels, etc. I'll be there YIPPY!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom