Nick's Alien Encounter Update 10/15

disneydata

Original Poster
I got to go in AE today and let me tell you, it was a very sad site. The skin on skippy has been taken off. The only thing left is the animatronic (sp). Skippy's skin has been given to ... George Lucas! He requested to have it since he helped with the story (or whatever). Sir was in his "off" position and all the work lights were on. No more cool music.

Suprisingly, BOTH aliens have already been removed and taken away in pices. (My friend works in TL and he got to see the chamber A alien in pieces on the floor last night) There was still scaffolding in chamber A from when they were removing the alien. Both tubes have also been hacksawed out and removed. I actually got to see down in the bottom of the chamber. It's pretty neat to see how he actually works.

Funny thing, all the "X-S Staff Only" signs have been stolen. Big surprise ...

Nick

StuntDoomBuggy

=O Ohh.. STITCH!!! Hmm.. If I Saw The Pictures, I'd Be Really Mad.. So Be Happy You Didn't.. Ahh.. Hope They Auction It Off On EBay! :drevil: Thanks For The Info!!!

cymbaldiva

That is so painful to read...

Seriously, thank you for not having photos of the tragedy - just reading about it (and forming mental images) are bad enough

:cry:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Nick
Funny thing, all the "X-S Staff Only" signs have been stolen. Big surprise ...

yup.. NOTHING ever gets stolen at WDW....

...especially by CM's...

...or greedy guests...

...EVER..

:rolleyes:

orlpassholder

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Well hey - if Skippy is still there without skin, that might mean Skippy is staying - maybe a different fur color?? :(

They could use the old AA of skippy in the pre show as a stitch AA or one of stitch's friends like from the stitch movie... or they just havent got to remove the AA all together:hammer:

General Grizz

Originally posted by orlpassholder
They could use the old AA of skippy in the pre show as a stitch AA or one of stitch's friends like from the stitch movie... or they just havent got to remove the AA all together:hammer:

AS a Stitch AA? I doubt it, I mean, they're totally different. . . unless Stitch wouldn't be moving all that much... :lookaroun

COMING SOON TO WDW: Dress Skippy!
SEE WHAT HE MIGHT LOOK LIKE!
Phase one of the Proecess: XS-Tech presents Strippy: LIMITED TIME OFFER!

Fido

Are they just going to redo the tubes/tube? The concept picture shows Stitch in a tube similar to the AE one.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Dude, if you have pics send them to my e-mail adress!

For those of you who have seen Stitchs Movie (The squel) youll know that the animators took the idea for Sparky from Skippy.

So, if skippy does stay in there, minus the fur and just the AA part, I wouldnt be surprised if we end up seeing Sparky in there in some form.

For those of you who have watched the sequel, that holding pod that is seen in that movie and in the series was actually on the ship that Jumba was on during his trial. According to the story, a team was trying to get into it, and sparky was the first to get out. So this was happening before/during/after the escape. Jumba got the machine back, went to earth and....well, you know the rest.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by Nick
Suprisingly, BOTH aliens have already been removed and taken away in pices. (My friend works in TL and he got to see the chamber A alien in pieces on the floor last night)

Man it looks like they are really getting on it. I guess this takes away any hope for a Stitch's Great Escape Haloween Edition (featuring all of your old friends from XS-Tech)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

xstechbabe

Please if you have pics donot post them on any sites... We want to stay in the know and if they see pics popping up everywhere they may close off our access... so if you get pics keep them off the net.. email them to each other but don't make them public... us Tland peeps like to snoop too and we don't want random peeps ruining that

thanx!!

terry55

COP

Does anyone know how long COP will stay open? I am going in May of 2004 and hope to see COP then. It is one of my favorite attractions and I haven't seen it the past few times I have been.

Thanks Terry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom