Nickelodeon/Holiday Inn steals Hotel Ideas

Imagineermole

Original Poster
We all know how Disney has value resorts such as The All-Stars and Pop Century. Well, Holiday Inn and Nickelodon have teamed up to make a themed resort. This new resort looks just like a value resort, yet it is Nickelodon modeled. One more thing that is a little interresting is that Nick is owned by Universal. So finally has Universal come to their senses and do a "value resort?" Yet they are to scared to put it under their names. Or did they actually put it under Holiday Inn because they are too chicken to face the verdict, if it flops.:cry: This is just more thing Universal has learned from Disney, yet won't admit it. Post your comments here on what you think about this.

Here is a picture of the new resort. Click on the link and see how close it looks to Pop Century.
http://www.nickhotel.com/images/photoHeader.jpg

Legacy

I remember hearing about that, and no, Universal has nothing to do with this.

All it is is a Holiday Inn with a Nick overlay. Nick is it's own entity, and is doing this all on it's own.

General Grizz

It's not like this would make Universal any more competitive than it is now (would this hotel be at Universal?). I wouldn't stay there (because I'm not a Nickelodeon fan), but then again would never stay at a "Disney" Channel hotel either. ;)

Legacy

General Grizz said:
It's not like this would make Universal any more competitive than it is now (would this hotel be at Universal?). I wouldn't stay there (because I'm not a Nickelodeon fan), but then again would never stay at a "Disney" Channel hotel either. ;)
Na Grizz, this isn't a Universal hotel. It's gonna be on I-Drive.

General Grizz

Legacy said:
Na Grizz, this isn't a Universal hotel. It's gonna be on I-Drive.
In that case, I'm sure it will be somewhat successful, but I doubt it would come anywhere near to touching Disney's value resort guest numbers.

Imagineermole

Original Poster
Well I guess I was wrong about Nick being owned by Universal. I just put 2 and 2 together which is Nick studios is located in Universal. Who knew? :confused: I didn't.

General Grizz

Imagineermole said:
Well I guess I was wrong about Nick being owned by Universal. I just put 2 and 2 together which is Nick studios is located in Universal. Who knew? :confused: I didn't.
There is a "Nickelodeon Studios" at Universal, so I see your connection, but if Universal had any hand in this, I would think they'd have it on their property.

kal1484

Is that the one that is on 536? I saw it the other day, and looks SO much like a Nick hotel, yet it doesn't say Nick on it anywhere, plus it's about 5 minutes max from EPCOT!

Next time I pass, I'll go and take some pics.

Montu

Imagineermole said:
One more thing that is a little interresting is that Nick is owned by Universal.

What's even more interesting is that Universal does not own Nick, so your conspiracy theory kind of goes out the window on that one. As someone else mentioned, Nick runs themselves, and just has a kind of friendship agreement with Universal, as well as Paramount theme parks.

Invero

Imagineermole said:
Here is a picture of the new resort. Click on the link and see how close it looks to Pop Century.
It looks NOTHING like Pop Century... Just because it has bright orange coloring means nothing. It's like saying a red Geo Metro looks like a red Ford Explorer because they're both red.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Is that the one that is on 536? I saw it the other day, and looks SO much like a Nick hotel, yet it doesn't say Nick on it anywhere, plus it's about 5 minutes max from EPCOT!

You are definitely right....this hotel isn't being built, it's an overlay on the exisiting Holiday Inn Family Suites hotel, which is near the Marriott.

DigitalDisney

Yes, it looks similar, but what else would a family/kids-themed value resort look like? No doubt the Disney Value properties provided some inspiration, but Disney still wins in a lot of areas.

The only area where this hotel looks better is the pool. No All-Star hotel has a pool complex this elaborate. If this place has a full-service restaurant, then it may also have another small edge.

Otherwise, the All-Stars win. They are on property, and have direct bus access to all points at WDW. We also have that great Disney service that we all know and love. They were the originator of this type of resort, and it shows.

There is one big difference between this Nick hotel and the All Star resorts. For the most part, all of the All Stars and Pop Century are timeless. The only exception I can think of are a couple sections of ASMovies (Mighty Ducks, Fantasia 2000). The Nick characters are temporary and probably will not withstand the test of time. As Universal has shown, they threw out Hanna Barbara characters (which actually are timeless) and replaced them with these Nickelodeon characters. As times change, the overlay will have to change as well. However, the sports, century, and music themes apply to many different cultures and will not be obsolete in 20 yrs.

Kopp8699

I don't know if they will be timeless or not, but Nicktoons have been around for over 10 years. Since 1991 if memory serves me right. Who can say they aren't as timeless as the new animated series' that Disney made in the 1990's? Doug and Rugrats are more universally known than Marsupilami (well except in France) and the Mighty Ducks cartoon. I mean Rugrats had three movies so far, and it has lasted longer than 10 years. Personally I think it is a good idea. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Family Suites about 5 years back. It isn't that bad of a place, but I am sure the Nick overlay will be good for business.

Brooke

I don't get how this is stealing ideas. It's a Holiday Inn Hotel with a Nickelodeon theme. This relates to Disney because....it's a Value Resort??? And I'm pretty sure the hotel has nothing to do with Universal whatsoever.

Legacy

Brooke said:
I don't get how this is stealing ideas. It's a Holiday Inn Hotel with a Nickelodeon theme. This relates to Disney because....it's a Value Resort??? And I'm pretty sure the hotel has nothing to do with Universal whatsoever.
Yeah, the wording was kinda grating to me as well, but whatever.

greg416

Nickhotel

Actually Holiday inn Family suites which is now in the middle of a multi million dollar renovation is far superior to the disney value resorts even without the nick rehab. I stayed thier in 2003 and 2004 for 10 nights at 100 dollars a night with the entertainment card .The usual rate then was about 135 a night .Let me tell you stay in a kidsuite that includes a living room with sofa bed and a 25in tv vcr,then there is a mini fridge and sink , a full bathroom , the kids have thier own room with bunk beds thier own 25 inch tv and vcr and a nintendo 64 , a kids telephone that tells bedroom stories, plus the parents have thier own private bedroom with a queen size bed , 25in tv, vcr . You get a free all you can eat breakfast buffet that has everything everymorning .The lobby has clowns who blow up animall ballons, arcade,kids karoake center, they also have a small convenient store , a mini edys ice cream, a&w root beer, and pizza hut. they also have full service restraunt.The pool on the kids side has zero depth entry which means the little ones can play freely on nearly half the pool ,all kinds of water toys its just amazing . Even when you check the kids have thier own mini check
where they get coloring books and crayons . This place is better than any disney moderate resort and i have stayed at them all ,I don't know about deluxe because that out of my price range . Just type nickhotel in your browser go to thier site and they have a 3d tour you can take of the new facility its gonna be something.The only problem have found is I called about making reservations for next year and they no longer acept the entertainment card and the prices are way up 199 a night was the quote thats alot of moola for me plus the breakfast for adults is now 7.95. The holiday family suites site still has 3d tour of thier suites on the site check them out and this before the rehab. type holiday inn family suites in your web browser.

speck76

The rooms are very nice. Originally, the hotel had 6 or 8 different deluxe suites....some were the KidSuites like at the Holiday Inn Sunspree, some were Cinema Suites with 60" HDTV's, some were romance suites with heart-shaped hot-tubs.

The hotel runs very strong occupancies. Before the Nick theme, the hotel has a train theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom