Nick "StormTrooper" Bautista - McNaughton 500 Mile Race Report

bethram

As of an hour ago Alison posted that he was stopping at 440 for the night and that seeing friends and family really gave him a boost.

I'm driving to my parents house tomorrow and I hope I don't miss his big finish!

fmingo36

Nick has completed 450 miles and is out for loop 46.

This is where everything went BONKERS last year! but Nick seems to be in such a better place this year. He is ahead on his mileage to where he was last year. And he's seems to be getting the sleep that he needs. His spirits are up. He has wife, friends, and family and the rest of his crew cheering him on for the next 40 miles (DAMN, I wish I was there!!!)

fmingo36

Alison just posted...

Nick finishes 490 and heads out for ONE LAST LOOP!!!!!! We expect him around 10pm. I will post as soon as possible! Here we go!!!

OMG!!! I am so excited for him. All day long I really just want to hop in my car and head up to Vermont but just couldn't make it happen. At this point he'll be done before I could get there.

@Donald Duck --Victory dinner on me SOON!!!

Last edited:

JillC LI

Over a year ago, Nick set his mind to achieve a goal that most people would believe is beyond human ability - to run a 500 mile race up and down a mountain within 10 days. He gave it his blood, sweat and tears, and in the end fell just shy of 500 miles, completing a monstrous 460 miles. No one in their right mind could call that a failure. But for Nick it was not enough. He needed to conquer the mountain completely. So he trained for another year. And ten days ago his journey began again. We all watched in awe, trying to get close somehow to his greatness. And this time he achieved his goal! 500 miles in 10 days. It is something that 99.9999% of the world would not even dream possible. It is nearly unfathomable. It seems like a Disney fairytale - make believe - and yet it's true. Nick, I personally am humbled to be in your (cyber) presence and to call you my (cyber) friend. You inspire me. I wish you congratulations from the bottom of my heart. Now go have a cold one!

Mr mom

As I have been laid up( no secret there) I have been following very closely on facebook and thank goodness for the frequent updates as I would check in several times a day. His accomplishment is simply amazing and as I said on facebook a shout out to the crew that supported him through this as well, behind every great feat there is the support folks receive to help get them there. His support team and of course his wife, mine would have disowned me by now with all he had to do to focus for this thing. Nick you are a true inspiration to the rest of us to be sure, way to go. So Joel, when are you going to do it, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom