Nice clean hotel in SC...

trucillo

Original Poster
When driving to WDW from NJ we usually stop around Florence, SC. Last few trips we have been disapointed with the quality of rooms in most hotels. I'm looking for a nice, clean hotel to to stay in off 95.

:confused:

Thanks!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by trucillo
When driving to WDW from NJ we usually stop around Florence, SC. Last few trips we have been disapointed with the quality of rooms in most hotels. I'm looking for a nice, clean hotel to to stay in off 95.

:confused:

Thanks!

On our most recent trip in August, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hardeeville, SC. It could be a bit farther than you want to travel since you normally stay near Florence. Hardeeville is about 1/2 hour or so from the Georgia border on I 95. We have the same problem finding a nice place to stay, but we were happy with the holiday inn express.

The Mom

Premium Member
I've stayed there, too! Very nice...nothing fancy, but clean, with a largish pool. (as I recall)

My husband just stayed in a Quality Inn Suites and motel in Lumberton...he stayed both coming and going to Penn, so it couldn't have been too bad. If I can find the slip, I'll PM you with the details.

trucillo

Original Poster
Further south is fine. If it were up to me I'd like to drive straight through! The sooner I get there the better!:D

The Mom

Premium Member
I also stayed at a Holiday Inn in St. George, SC. a few years ago. I don't recall being unhappy with it, so it must have been clean! It's almost (just a little bit south) at the intersection of 95 & 26. I think there may also be another motel or two at that stop.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Originally posted by The Mom
I also stayed at a Holiday Inn in St. George, SC. a few years ago. I don't recall being unhappy with it, so it must have been clean! It's almost (just a little bit south) at the intersection of 95 & 26. I think there may also be another motel or two at that stop.

There are quite a few hotels at the St George exit. :) We've stayed there once or twice. We stayed at the Econo Lodge, we weren't impressed. I would not recommend it. We are limited in where we can stay because our dog travels with us, so we weren't able to stay at the Holiday Inn. St. George could be a good compromise for you. It's farther than Florence but not as far as Hardeeville. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom