Nfl Challenge

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
Last year in WDW there were a bunch of NFL athletes like Peyton Manning, Hines Ward and Edgering James competing in a bunch of skill challenges. Some were tug of war, Jet Ski ridding and so forth. They took place at the Contemporary and at the Wide World of Sports.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
It did not look like it was very well advertised because when aired on ESPN there were almost no fans there and the players were asking where the fans were.<o:p></o:p>
Does anyone know if there are having that event this year and how I can find out about it? Thanks for any help.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

cj2me

I do remember that. I'll have to ask my brother (works for an NFL Team) and his girlfriend who works for the NFL when they get back from a very needed vacation. I'll post when I find out.

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
Please that would be great. Any information about the experience would be great. When I was watching in on ESPN last year there were people getting footballs signed by every athlete there. It seemed like something much better than ESPN weekend where it is almost impossible to get an autograph.

beez

My friend went last year and got autographs. He said it wasn't as easy as it looked. He ended up getting Troy Brown's autograph along with Eli Manning's, but it took all day to get even 2 of them.

I know exactley what your talking about. It was filmed at the Wide World of Sports complex. I believe those were taped during the summer. They had a variety of athlets from NFL teams. Seemed really cool. Have'nt really heard anything more about it.

yoda_5729

I don't know if this will help any, but the title of the show was Battle of the Gridiron Stars....I actually liked it and hope they get most of the same people who did it the first year, maybe adding some others for fun. I did like the show though, it ran for like seven weeks or something like that.

EvilEmperorZurg

Original Poster
Battle of the Gridiron Stars

Yes,Battle of the Gridiron Stars was the name of the show. It was so cool. There were so many great NFL players there last year. Does any one know if it will be happening this year and when? It seems like it would be a better event to attend than the ESPN weekend? Thanks for any help.

cj2me

I checked with my brother's girlfriend who works for the NFL. She does not know when this will take place, it's not an official NFL event. It is sponsored by ESPN / DISNEY so she has no knowlege....sorry.

Dj Corona

There was some kind of filming going on during the first day of ESPN weekend. Ken Stabler and Archie Manning were the coaches, and there were a bunch of NFL players. The part I saw was a basketball skills competition they were having back by the LMA entrance. I can't remember what the show was going to be called...Battlezone or something like that.

thejohn

beez said:
My friend went last year and got autographs. He said it wasn't as easy as it looked. He ended up getting Troy Brown's autograph along with Eli Manning's, but it took all day to get even 2 of them.

I didin't get anybodys

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom