NFL 2021 Offseason Discussion Thread

Dad 2 M & M

Draft thoughts?

There is a ton of hype with the Bears trading up to Justin Fields...even hear some saying "can't miss".

Here are the teams that could have drafted him and passed:

1) Jacksonville - Understandable with Trevor
2) Jets - Chose Wilson instead
3) San Fran - remember the point is Fields is can't miss....so San Fran chose a high ceiling project
4) Stayed with Matt Ryan
5) Cincy - Understandable they passed
6) Miami - Again, some are saying Fields is can't miss; Dolphins stay with Tua
7) Detroit - Guess they are giving their new toy (that was given up on already)a chance
8) Carolina - Just traded for a QB.....but passed anyway
9) Denver - this is a surprise.....even if there is truth to the fellow from Green Bay moving (these reports are changing and softening)
10) Dallas, traded the pick to Philly
11) Philly - sticking with Hurts
12) Giants - Traded the pick....and are sticking with the Duke dude

I see all 4 QBs selected after Trevor as potential busts, with Trevor not even being a sure thing as he might have durability concerns.

Last edited:

PUSH

Original Poster
Draft thoughts?

There is a ton of hype with the Bears trading up to Justin Fields...even hear some saying "can't miss".

Here are the teams that could have drafted him and passed:

1) Jacksonville - Understandable with Trevor
2) Jets - Chose Wilson instead
3) San Fran - remember the point is Fields is can't miss....so San Fran chose a high ceiling project
4) Stayed with Matt Ryan
5) Cincy - Understandable they passed
6) Miami - Again, some are saying Fields is can't miss; Dolphins stay with Tua
7) Detroit - Guess they are giving their new toy (that was given up on already)a chance
8) Carolina - Just traded for a QB.....but passed anyway
9) Denver - this is a surprise.....even if there is truth to the fellow from Green Bay moving (these reports are changing and softening)
10) Dallas, traded the pick to Philly
11) Philly - sticking with Hurts
12) Giants - Traded the pick....and are sticking with the Duke dude

I see all 4 QBs selected after Trevor as potential busts, with Trevor not even being a sure thing as he might have durability concerns.
Fields seems like the most likely candidate to succeed that the Bears have had in decades. But the Bears have really never been able to develop a QB in their team's history. So we shall see.

erasure fan1

But the Bears have really never been able to develop a QB in their team's history. So we shall see.
That is exactly why I just rolled my eyes when they traded up again. My first thought was here we go again. Another QB they won't know what to do with. As a lifelong Bears fan it stinks that this is the first reaction I have. So hopefully I'm wrong but I wouldn't put it past ownership to get rid of Pace in a year or two if things don't go great. Then it all blows up and we start over again.

Dad 2 M & M

Supposedly official now

There has been issues in the Locker Room for a few years now.....

Here is a run down of what was the beginning of the End:

Matt Ryan - Falcons tried to resign him with 1 year left on his deal, tried to do so BEFORE the Free Agent signing period ended, but could not reach terms. They did resign him after the Free Agent Signing Period, but too late to add badly needed Free Agent talent (his new contract was more cap friendly early).
Julio - Wanted a new contract (with three years left on his current contract) after Matt signed - Arthur Blank commented "Julio would be a Falcon for life". When they resigned Julio, the rest of the upcoming Free Agents knew their days were numbered.

Grady Jarrett - When he was in the last year of his contract, the Falcons had the media leak they were asking Grady to give hometown discount. Grady went public and stated no discount would be given. His contact was the end of the line for most of the 2016 Draft Class: Keanu Neal, Austin Hooper, DeVondre Campbell as well as others.

To be fair here, Deion Jones, Jake Matthews and others received big contracts too, and it was the last big contract to sealed the deal for the cap purgatory..

Falcons had to restructure Julio, Matt, Jake Matthews, and Deion Jones JUST to get under the cap by the deadline. Now there is no money to sign the Draft Class, and Grady is the last contract large enough to be restructured. Problem is Grady isn't willing to extend AND has asked what his role is in the new 3-4 Defense. He is an undersized interior lineman and doesn't seen to be a nose tackle. He wants to test Free Agency.......

Thus the Falcons had to move Julio.....

Prince John

Aaron Rodgers
If you are making a reference to the possibility of him coming to Denver in the AFC, thanks but no thanks. Keep that whiny egotistical piece of trash out of our town! I can't think of a athlete or celebrity that I currently have less respect for right now than Aaron Rodgers. I am also far from being alone in Broncos Nation in not wanting that crybaby anywhere near my team. As soon as something doesn't go his way in Denver, and his poor wittle feewings get hurt again for not feeling wespected... he will turn on us the way he's done to Green Bay. It's long overdue time the NFL started treating Aaron the way you would a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum: IGNORE and move on!!!!

71221a.jpg

Slpy3270

Per this article, Amazon will outsource production of Thursday Night Football to NBC Sports under a three-year deal, with an option to extend for two more.

So Amazon doesn't seem interested in building their own full-fledged sports division. Figures.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
If you are making a reference to the possibility of him coming to Denver in the AFC, thanks but no thanks. Keep that whiny egotistical piece of trash out of our town! I can't think of a athlete or celebrity that I currently have less respect for right now than Aaron Rodgers. I am also far from being alone in Broncos Nation in not wanting that crybaby anywhere near my team. As soon as something doesn't go his way in Denver, and his poor wittle feewings get hurt again for not feeling wespected... he will turn on us the way he's done to Green Bay. It's long overdue time the NFL started treating Aaron the way you would a spoiled child throwing a temper tantrum: IGNORE and move on!!!!

View attachment 571675

Didnt Jay Cutler whine his way out of Denver years ago? I mean, if you're gonna call out a QB....

Prince John

Didnt Jay Cutler whine his way out of Denver years ago? I mean, if you're gonna call out a QB....
Cutler was never seen in any TV interview wearing a shirt saying "I'm Offended" like Aaron a few weeks ago. I get what you're saying, they're all egotistical divas to an extent. Watching business dealings of overpaid sports players, especially when the majority of the world is taking a hit during a pandemic situation, is enough to make them all look like whiney crybabies.
Aaron just seems to have taken things to a whole new level this offseason.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Cutler was never seen in any TV interview wearing a shirt saying "I'm Offended" like Aaron a few weeks ago. I get what you're saying, they're all egotistical divas to an extent. Watching business dealings of overpaid sports players, especially when the majority of the world is taking a hit during a pandemic situation, is enough to make them all look like whiney crybabies.
Aaron just seems to have taken things to a whole new level this offseason.

Because to be fair he's taken them to back to back NFC Championship games and then they turn around and draft a QB without consulting him. That's a slap to the face TBH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom