NFL 2020 Offseason Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Melvin Gordon is signing with the Broncos on a two year deal with $16 million, with $13.5 million guaranteed.

PUSH

Original Poster
Washington has acquired Panthers QB Kyle Allen for a 5th round pick. He will follow Ron Rivera.

The Patriots have released kicker Stephen Gostkowski.

Dad 2 M & M

Other key news:

- Falcons trade the Ravens for TE Hayden Hurst. They gave up a 2020 2nd and 5th round pick.

- Browns sign TE Austin Hooper.
Hooper was a good player......not great and I'm glad the Falcons didn't over pay to keep him. He benefited from Julio being occupied by a linebacker, cb, and safety, Sanu, Ridley, and a few years ago a decent Devota Freeman.

There are two concerns in Hooper's game:
- he never seemed to master the hitch or hook......on 3rd and 8, he was known for guaranteeing you 6.....didn't seem to be conscious of the yard marker

- ability to shake/break a tackle.......he would fall over at ANY contact/touch.....again on 3 and 8, he would make the reception at 6, but didn't have the muscle to get the magical 2 additional yards

High hopes Hayden can blossom down here close to his roots.....

PUSH

Original Poster
Hooper was a good player......not great and I'm glad the Falcons didn't over pay to keep him. He benefited from Julio being occupied by a linebacker, cb, and safety, Sanu, Ridley, and a few years ago a decent Devota Freeman.

There are two concerns in Hooper's game:
- he never seemed to master the hitch or hook......on 3rd and 8, he was known for guaranteeing you 6.....didn't seem to be conscious of the yard marker

- ability to shake/break a tackle.......he would fall over at ANY contact/touch.....again on 3 and 8, he would make the reception at 6, but didn't have the muscle to get the magical 2 additional yards

High hopes Hayden can blossom down here close to his roots.....
I'm glad the Packers didn't break the bank for Hooper. Seems like a solid starter, but not worth the big money he got. TEs are hard to come by, so I get why he was paid like that, especially in this weak TE free agency class. But I'd rather us try out our own Jace Sternberger. He's going into his 2nd season. Was a 3rd round pick who spent most of his rookie season injured. He did a good job blocking from the backfield when he was active, and he made some plays in the playoffs, even catching his first TD. We also resigned veteran Mercedes Lewis who can still play his role in his upper 30s. And young, third year UDFA Robert Tonyan who showed lots of promise last season before getting injured against the Cowboys.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Buccaneers have unveiled their new uniforms. A definite upgrade from their trainwrecks they've been wearing, but still leave a lot to be desired. I will always prefer the classic looks to uniforms, such as the Packers, Raiders, Steelers, etc. I really liked the Jets old uniforms. I do not like their current ones.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Falcons have unveiled new uniforms, too.

1586372542532.png

They are okay. I don't like the red jersey that fades into black. I think it's going to look weird on TV.

PUSH

Original Poster
PEEEEYUUUUUU

Bad....real bad

I hope the red gradient jersey is considered the color rush

Not sure why they fell flat on the numbers.......
I like the second from the left, but I'm assuming that's their throwback. Those uniforms were fantastic.

1586400254631.png

The Patriots should go back to their throwbacks, too. Honestly, a lot of teams should. Too many are trying to get new and updated, and they're really just turning out to look like XFL or Arena League uniforms.

Dad 2 M & M

I like the second from the left, but I'm assuming that's their throwback. Those uniforms were fantastic.

View attachment 462015

The Patriots should go back to their throwbacks, too. Honestly, a lot of teams should. Too many are trying to get new and updated, and they're really just turning out to look like XFL or Arena League uniforms.
The second from left IS the Throwback!

Season ticket holders received emails today with the details to can buy the new jerseys at a 50% discount next Tuesday. You'll notice the discount is on a Game Jersey (Not Limited or Elite, and the throwback is Not included)

.... below is pasted direct from my account:

WHICH TYPE OF JERSEY IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE 50% DISCOUNT?

The discount can be applied to a Nike 'Game' home, away or alternate jersey for Julio Jones, Matt Ryan, Calvin Ridley, Keanu Neal and Deion Jones in men’s, women’s and youth styles..

Nike Game jerseys combine team loyalty with easy everyday comfort, breathable mesh side panels, and a tagless neck, along with screen-printed graphics, including name, number, and team details. Men’s Game jerseys have a loose, relaxed fit and women’s Game jerseys have a streamlined standard fit.

HOW MANY JERSEYS CAN I PURCHASE AT THE 50% OFF DISCOUNT?

Members are able to receive the discount for as many seats as they have on their account (up to 4 jerseys).

Another note on the details above.....Keanu Neal is one of the players available.....he is one of the bubble players and is mentioned to be one that is likely to be cut/not renewed after the upcoming season.

Dad 2 M & M

The Buccaneers have unveiled their new uniforms. A definite upgrade from their trainwrecks they've been wearing, but still leave a lot to be desired. I will always prefer the classic looks to uniforms, such as the Packers, Raiders, Steelers, etc. I really liked the Jets old uniforms. I do not like their current ones.

Tampa is also allowing exchanges on jersey purchased if the player leaves the team within 90 days of purchase......is this just Tampa, or league wide?

**edit** I see this is a Fanatics policy called Fanatics Jersey Assurance

PUSH

Original Poster
The Texans are trading a 2nd round pick to the Rams for WR Brandin Cooks and a 4th round pick. Cooks has now played for the Saints, Patriots, Rams, and Texans and is only 26 years old. I'm kind of curious why he's not sticking around for long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom