NFL 2014 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
Since training camps are starting to get underway I thought it'd be a good time to start a thread specifically for the 2014 NFL training camps, preseason, regular season, post season, and any other miscellaneous NFL topics that might pop up! So feel free to post about anything NFL related here!

As I've done in my previous NFL threads, I like to just gauge what team(s) you're a fan of, so please share! I already know some of your favorite teams, but it also let's newcomers see what kind of fans we have around here.

Personally I'm a die hard fan of the Green Bay Packers. I'm also a die hard fan of the NFL in general... which is why I like having these threads!

So have fun and enjoy the season!

3:10toDisney

Broncos fan here. I have been a Broncos fan since the late 70's when my parents moved our family to Denver in 1977. Boy that seems like a long time ago but I swear I am only 43 years old LOL. Seems like everyone in Denver at that time bled Orange. Today, with the diversification of the city and thanks to modern day information gathering, bleeding orange isn't as strong as it used to be but it's still the only sports story in town.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The ravens are not rebuilding... but we are dramatically overhauled with a new OC, shake-up in the line, and lots of change that started last season and continues now.

I can't even begin to think how our team will play. It really is such a toss up and all my thoughts are held up by seeing what Kubiak decides to field as an offense. With an under performing running game that hasn't really gotten any help, the o-line has changes we can't tell if they are upgrades yet, and a huge unknown in how the QB will gel under the new coordinator. It's just a wait and see :(

ProFootballTalk put them as #7 on the pre-season power rankings. Kind of generous IMO

seahawk7

Seahawks and former Vikings' receiver Sidney Rice has announced his retirement from the NFL. Too bad his career was derailed by injuries. I remember him looking like Larry Fitzgerald the season Favre led the Vikings to the NFC Championship.
I was going to post this announcement as well. Sidney Rice will stay in the Seattle area and continue expanding his business ventures. He was sure fun to watch.

PUSH

Original Poster
The Packers held their annual Shareholders Meeting today at Lambeau Field. Nothing newsworthy to report, but here are two updated stats that stood out to me.

- The Packers now have 112,000 people on the waiting list for season tickets.

- Lambeau Field is now officially the second largest stadium in the NFL (80,750), second only to MetLife Stadium. The Redskins were ahead of Lambeau, but they've reduced seating capacity recently.

seahawk7

Unfortunately Marshawn Lynch will be holding out of Seahawks Training Camp. Michael Robinson broke the news on NFL Network. Lynch reportedly was unhappy with his contract before mandatory minicamp, but showed up. This case it's different. I hope he returns to the team soon, it'd be nice to lock him up for a few more years also. Fingers crossed.

3:10toDisney

First day of inside training camp live we get some news on Ray Rice. He faces a two game suspension stemming from altercation with his then fiance during off season.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that a guy can get suspended for 4 games by having pot in his system but raising your hand and punching your girlfriend/wife so hard that it knocks her out and then being seen literally dragging her from the elevator to your hotel room only gets a 2 game suspension????

seahawk7

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that a guy can get suspended for 4 games by having pot in his system but raising your hand and punching your girlfriend/wife so hard that it knocks her out and then being seen literally dragging her from the elevator to your hotel room only gets a 2 game suspension????
Just want to say that in stating the news about Ray Rice, I was in no way condoning his behavior.

PUSH

Original Poster
Jordy Nelson signed a contract extension with the Packers today! Four years, $39 million dollars, $14.2 million guaranteed, $11.5 million signing bonus. His new deal average $9.76 million per year.

The combination of Rodgers and Nelson has been outstanding. The past three years the passer rating on throws from Rodgers to Nelson have been 150.2, 130.3, and 111.6.

jw24

For those who don't know, I'm a NY Giants fan. A huge offseason and with a new offense and a revamped secondary. The biggest concerns have to be the ground game and the front seven on the defense. Heaven knows if David Wilson will be healthy and Rashad Jennings can be "the man". With Jon Beason out until probably Week 1, if not sometime later in Week 2-4, they'll be a lot of pressure on the front seven. I know JPP (I still wish he pulled a Derrick Rose and sat out until he was 100% last season.) and Eli Manning needs to step it up. This maybe a make or break year for both Eli and Tom Coughlin in that they must succeed or both could gone come 2015.

Some other news:
Kendall Hunter tore his ACL. That's a huge loss for the Niners in the ground game. Fantasy owners may want to draft LaMichael James/Carlos Hyde or add from waivers if the draft is already done. (I always wait until after the preseason to draft my team personally. I know all the big injuries before Week 1 by then.)
Cecil Shorts out for at least two weeks with hamstring strain.
And Geno Smith thinks he can a top 5 QB? Not if Michael Vick takes the starting job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom