Next Piece of WDW History Pin

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
I just got my TOT pin and was wondering what is going to be the next pin. TOT is still featured on the official page. Has anyone heard anything?

Sulley

Thanks for reminding me. Wouldn't have looked it up otherwise. But it looks like the rumors of the MuppetVision pin was true.

It'll be available on the 15th.

10915858.jpg

Here's the link to the pintrading page Link

-Sulley

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
You made me go "ooooh". Is it a piece of the 3D Glasses? That's so cute. I love the Muppets. This is my first attempt at collecting an entire series. I just love the idea of owning parts of the attractions.

dizneeboy

This one just doesn't excite me that much. A piece of the tower, sweet. A piece of 20000 leagues, right on. A piece of the cheapo 3D glasses that many park guest already take home with them....not so exciting.

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
AllThatsJoey - Can you only purchase these pins in the parks?
Yeah, when I called WDW merch they told me I could only buy it in the parks because it was limited edition. There's always Ebay, that's where I've been getting mine.
dizneeboy - A piece of the cheapo 3D glasses that many park guest already take home with them....not so exciting.
True, infact I have a pair. HeHe I don't know what else they could have used though.

MissM

Hrm. This one doesn't thrill me. A friend picked up the 20k one for me because it interested me. I thought the ToT one was ok (though I would have preferred less of Goofy's butt) but no biggie since I don't like the ride. Muppets are cute but this one just kinda misses for me. It's also not as "cool" a piece of the attraction.

I think it's a neat series but it seems like they're really missing out on ones that people would foam at the mouth for to me.
-m

ps: But, Muppets 3D opened on my birthday in 1991, so hey, that's cool. ;) (May 16, 1991)

Sulley

The pin is just OK. But it'll be neccesary for me to have, because I want the set.

I'm more interested in the notch at the top right of the pin, it looks like you might be able to pull something out of it.

-Sulley

DCL

Yeah, that pin isn't very exciting to me, either, but I have the first two already, and I am intent on collecting the whole set!

tirian

The next pin will feature parts of the Epcot arm and wand structure. Disney finally figured how to recoup their investment after they dismantle the eyesore: slap smidgens of it into pins! Everyone will buy those! After that, they've promised to release pins featuring tiny threads from Mr. Dreamfinder's suit. Those super-platinum-special-edition pins will be twice the price of a regular one. Those proceeds will be poured into Eisner's retirement fund.

j/k

Laura

Premium Member
How many pins are in this series altogether? Does anyone have a complete list?

I bought the 20K pin while I was down last month, maybe I'll try to collect them all. But I'm just wondering how many "all" would be so I can calculate my total investment before getting hooked LOL.

I really like the muppets pin. Very cool.

Montu

Laura22 said:
How many pins are in this series altogether? Does anyone have a complete list?

I bought the 20K pin while I was down last month, maybe I'll try to collect them all. But I'm just wondering how many "all" would be so I can calculate my total investment before getting hooked LOL.

I really like the muppets pin. Very cool.

There's 12 pins total in the set - one to be released each month in 2005.

In my opinion - much like that of many others on here, the Muppet pin is the cheapest route they could have possibly taken with a "piece of histroy"... Stand by the exit of Muppet*Vision and watch how many people walk off with a pair every 20 minutes. If only they knew they could break it into little pieces and charge people $12.50 for it!

Honestly, the single reason I'll buy this pin is similar to what someone else already said - they wanted the entire set, so it would be dumb to miss one of them, regardless of how cheap the "history" is in it.

tigger248

So, is there anyone in the area who can pick me up any of the pins? I'd be willing to pay the full amount and the shipping. I'd like to get the whole set, but ebay is just so darned expensive. I bought the 20,000 Leagues one for like $21, but haven't bought the ToT one yet. I can't afford to spend nearly twice as much as actual WDW cost for all of them, it'll be too expensive. Just curious.

epcotfan

I'm not as excited about this pin either. I like the fact that the first two pins have parts that were actually used in the rides. Not something that was worn by a million people. But stupid me will buy it because I want the set.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom