Next Gen Busses

DisneyOutsider

Good question. The stump chargers by the Tangled restrooms would probably be the closest example of the guest-based wear and tear, and those work for the most part
They seem to be a trend that has passed because they’re such a pain to keep up with. They’re designed to be modular for easier replacement but that seems to come at the cost of durability.

I would think that these USB units in particular have a good chance of being neglected more than others. Does anyone really need juice that badly on their 12 minute bus ride first thing in the morning?

GlacierGlacier

I would think that these USB units in particular have a good chance of being neglected more than others. Does anyone really need juice that badly on their 12 minute bus ride first thing in the morning?
I wouldn't imagine it's imagined for the first thing in the morning guests, but for later in the night, or any mid-day park transit.

Bus rides can get long, and providing guests an opportunity to charge their devices at any point in the day is most certainly something people will be grateful for.

DisneyOutsider

I wouldn't imagine it's imagined for the first thing in the morning guests, but for later in the night, or any mid-day park transit.

Bus rides can get long, and providing guests an opportunity to charge their devices at any point in the day is most certainly something people will be grateful for.

Still a short ride that really limits utility. Chances are if you're not coming directly from your hotel room, then you're returning to it. Neither scenarios are particularly crucial charging times in my experience.

Let's just say that if it wasn't working, I wouldn't care enough to alert the driver to the issue.

mm121

That wrap is hideous.

They seem to be a trend that has passed because they’re such a pain to keep up with. They’re designed to be modular for easier replacement but that seems to come at the cost of durability.
Personally I don't like to plug my phone into random USB chargers.

I usually carry a battery pack if I know power is going to be an issue. I've been meaning to get a battery phone case.

mm121

Still a short ride that really limits utility. Chances are if you're not coming directly from your hotel room, then you're returning to it. Neither scenarios are particularly crucial charging times in my experience.

Let's just say that if it wasn't working, I wouldn't care enough to alert the driver to the issue.
Maybe park hopping. But I highly doubt these chargers are the FAST charging thus your probably only going to gain a little bit especially if you're using your phone while attempting to charge it.

I would think most people who are forward thinking enough to carry a cable with them also would carry a battery or an ac adapter. Though finding a regular outlet at the parks can be a near impossible task

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah count me as a non-fan to that design as well. I’m really starting to think Disney doesn’t get it anymore. Let the monorails be monorails and the busses be busses. Let them be their own thing. It’s part of the charm of Disney world, that these transportation systems exist in this “world.” Whats next, wrapping the steam locomotives?

MaximumEd

looks cool. i like the wrap.

yeah i think electric or gas power is the way forward

Don’t know how electric would work, but the company I work for bought several large diesel Kenworths that had a natural gas conversion engine. The longevity just wasn’t there. Most were on their 3rd motor by the time we retired them. They had large, complicated, hard to change spark plugs and other associated ignition components that a simple diesel motor doesn’t have. Diesel is still king to pull a load for a million miles.

Phil12

Personally I don't like to plug my phone into random USB chargers.

I usually carry a battery pack if I know power is going to be an issue. I've been meaning to get a battery phone case.
Yes indeed, plugging your phone into a random USB port is just asking for problems! But, if you have to use one, then carry a USB cord that will only transmit electricity, not data.

celluloid

When you are wanting to sell someone when and where to meet up, it can be of value. I know people can take personal resonsibility, but why dislike something thst is going above and beyond for guest service?[/QUOTE]

NeonNinja

Not sure how I feel about having character on the buses.

Looks really cheesy and kinda feels like a cheapening of the Disney World experience as other than the occasional monorail wrap and prior to the skyliner you didn't see the characters outside the parks.

The inside looks really nice though.

Are these busses New New or have the interiors just been refurbished?
new new 5204

jt04

Or Battery Powered

Don't think they've ever done any electric bus testing on property.

Would he a good test of the technology as they could maybe install quick wireless charging at the bus stops

Here you go.

What if Disney used their new solar panels for Hydrogen production and storage and used that to power their bus fleet. The technology already exists and is being adapted to busses and trains in several places.

No Name

The real issue with the wrap in my opinion is that it doesn't account for the design of the bus and largely treats it as a blank canvas. Pluto is just slapped on there. This is not like the Skyliner wraps, because while they have a few flaws, at least they account for the design of the gondola as seen here:

Putting an illustration on something without regard for the object it’s on is something Six Flags has a longer history of doing, and doesn’t give off the impression of the worldwide leader in themed entertainment.

On another note, remember that “sorcerer class” bus Disney showed off two years ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom