Next Disney Park?

bubbles1812

Ahhh. Not another thread about the elusive 5th park! ;) It really must be summer. And I really must be procrastinating on my homework. (Alas, I am still in school...sigh ;))

Anywho...

I don't see a new park being built in the forseeable future. They aren't even managing to keep up with the needs of their current parks so imagine what it would be like with a 5th park. AK/DHS are only half finished as is it. And Epcot has problems too in the form of the mess that is Future World. Plus, I'm just not sure it's really called for. If attendance was going up and up every year (it is not), then maybe growth would demand an extra place to play, but again, attendance just isn't growing. The demand just isn't there at this time. At this point, considering American vacations are growing shorter and not longer, people would probably have to pick and choose the parks they wanted to go to over the course of their visit, which some even already do now. Not to mention it would probably make it even harder for many families to go because of price, so the demand really really wouldn't be there. If they are seriously considering jacking up prices across the board in tickets, food, merchandise, ect by 15 to 35% for just the opening of an expansion of an already existing land, imagine what they'd escalate the price to if a whole new park was added. o_O

lazyboy97o

I do not think it will ever happen. Too much cost, almost no benefit. Then add in the issues at the existing parks, I do not see why there is even a desire for another park.

Walt Disney1955

From a business perspective and even a vacationers perspective you have to ask if you even want it as well. Think about it. There are 4 major parks. Two fantastic water parks. If you stay on site that is 6 days out of 7. Not to mention things like Downtown Disney. I just don't think it is in the cards right now. They have enough work to do with the current parks.

Also, when you stay offsite the way I do, I stayed for 2 weeks. We did all 4 Disney parks. We did Sea World. We did both Universals. That is 7 days right there out of 14. Plus we hit Gatorland, we went to the Titanic Experience, we saw the Upside Down house, we hung around a lot on International Drive and went to Old Town. That was a busy holiday. We didn't spend a ton of time at our own resort. But we had fun still.

And we left after two weeks still wishing we had more time for the Orlando area. We didn't hit Busch Gardens (that time) or Aquatica. Right now as it stands WDW is the best family vacation out there. And maybe the busiest too. I think the population has to grow a little more before there is demand for a 5th gate. Remember, in 1971 there were less people.

Snowmagic

A quick question if I may, why does the park total not include all 5 Parks already?
CA
FL
Hong Kong
Japan
France.

I have also noticed that a lot of Google searches also only state 4 parks any reason why?
If someoner asked me how many "parks" does Disney have, I would of answered 5.

"curious"

YoungNY

Original Poster
A quick question if I may, why does the park total not include all 5 Parks already?
CA
FL
Hong Kong
Japan
France.

I have also noticed that a lot of Google searches also only state 4 parks any reason why?

"curious"

To be honest I didn't know there were two Asian parks, and I thought it was closed down after the last tsunami.

Californian Elitist

CA
FL
Hong Kong
Japan
France.

"curious"

There are 11 parks, about to be 12, in 5 different places, about to be 6.

threeyoda

CA
FL
Hong Kong
Japan
France.

"curious"

They're referring to the 4 parks of Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.

California, Florida, Hong Kong, Japan, and France are the resorts, and in each of those resorts are the parks. There's 2 parks in CA, 4 in FL, 1 in Hong Kong, 2 in Japan, and 2 in France. There's also another resort under construction in Shanghai, due to open in 2014.

DisneyDebNJ

I could actually see a "revamp" of DHS before I see them building a 5th park. They apparently know it is a mess, so I would think if they were willing to spend that kind of capital (which I am sure they aren't), they would redo, repurpose, retheme, etc. DHS.
Yes or expand both DHS and Epcot like they did with MK.

Snowmagic

They're referring to the 4 parks of Walt Disney World - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom.

California, Florida, Hong Kong, Japan, and France are the resorts, and in each of those resorts are the parks. There's 2 parks in CA, 4 in FL, 1 in Hong Kong, 2 in Japan, and 2 in France. There's also another resort under construction in Shanghai, due to open in 2014.

Thanks threeyoda,
Looking at it that way it is really just a play on words. But I understand where you are coming from & your description nails it, Thank heaps.
Didn't know there was one being built in Shanghai???

Wouldn't mind if they built one in Australia, still would not stop me from travelling to the USA, but on off years would be nice....ahh well I can dream.

Cheers

lazyboy97o

Looking at it that way it is really just a play on words. But I understand where you are coming from & your description nails it, Thank heaps.
How is it a play on words? Walt Disney World is a resort, not a park. That is why separate admission is charged for entrance to each of the four parks.

How is it a play on words? Walt Disney World is a resort, not a park. That is why separate admission is charged for entrance to each of the four parks.

I'm guessing play on words may not have been the correct term, but their meaning seemed to just be that they were relating the word park to mean the entirety of the resort. It's a simple confusion of the terms is all - not everything needs to be nitpicked - I would say it's probably a pretty common occurence for people to call WDW a park, especially people who don't seem to hang on every detail that is put out by Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom