Next Celebration

Shamus1326

Originally posted by NowInc
...not this again...

We talked about this before...they will NOT lose sole rights when he turns 75..period. Do a search on the forum for "copyright" or "rights" and you will find at least 3 different threads in which I have explained this before ;)

hehe...the next celebration..hmm..epcots 31st? Since this year is 30 and all....and they really did nothing for it (well..almost nothing)

I don't know how anyone missed this one...

Epcot is 20 years old this year (1982)

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by DogsRule!
I know it's a ways off, and MGM already has a celebration...but MGM turns 15 on May 1, 2004...

i wouldn't want a celebration for that, and since they are the center of 100 YOM they shouldn't get another one so soon.

orlpassholder

CAKECASTLE oh good grief LOL nah I didnt mind it when they did have it. Was kind of odd looking at first but I because used to it. Hmmm that is going to be a huge party for Mickey

tenchu

Dogsrule, once you've uploaded your custom avatar, go back and check 'yes' for use custom avatars again, because it clicks off. That one got me for a while too.

And I'd like to see a celebration at AK.

EPCOT Center 20th

While it would clash with the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, they should recognize E.P.C.O.T. Center's birthday! Hopefully, in celebration, they will have a "return E.P.C.O.T. to it's original glory" party, complete with a public tearing down of the stupid Mickey hand, a resurrection of Horizons and World of Motion, a tearing down of all tacky stuff in FutureWorld, and a the return of Communicore! Oh yeah, and bring back those cool clear towers that used to stand in the fountains! I LOVE that old E.P.C.O.T. symbol! And to top off the celebration, we could bring in FBI agents to join the Disney guest in a nationwide search to find Dreamfinder and return him the Imagination pavilion. Who know, maybe Mulder and Scully from the X-Files can help. Perhaps Dreamfinder was abducted by aliens from Captain Eo. (okay....that last part was a little silly...sorry!) :brick:

tenchu

Re: EPCOT Center 20th

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
While it would clash with the 100 Years of Magic Celebration, they should recognize E.P.C.O.T. Center's birthday! Hopefully, in celebration, they will have a "return E.P.C.O.T. to it's original glory" party, complete with a public tearing down of the stupid Mickey hand, a resurrection of Horizons and World of Motion, a tearing down of all tacky stuff in FutureWorld, and a the return of Communicore! Oh yeah, and bring back those cool clear towers that used to stand in the fountains! I LOVE that old E.P.C.O.T. symbol! And to top off the celebration, we could bring in FBI agents to join the Disney guest in a nationwide search to find Dreamfinder and return him the Imagination pavilion. Who know, maybe Mulder and Scully from the X-Files can help. Perhaps Dreamfinder was abducted by aliens from Captain Eo. (okay....that last part was a little silly...sorry!) :brick:

I'm with you there, apart from dreamfinder!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
On the copyright topic...I thought I saw a show on tv that talked about how Disney has recenly got the copy right law modified to allow the copyrights or Mickey and others (Pluto, Donald...etc) extended from 75 to 100 years.

I believe Disney's reasons were that the whole buisness is based around these copyrights and if they were to become public domain, it would effedct Disney and the economy that it supports with all the movies, theamparks, stores and merchendice.

I believe they made there point and the law was changed.

I could be wrong and I'm looking for the info to support the above statement, but I know I saw it somewhere...

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Re: EPCOT Center 20th

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
....a "return E.P.C.O.T. to it's original glory" party, complete with a public tearing down of the stupid Mickey hand...
Hey...I like the Epcot Wand...and it's in your avatar. It's permanent and it was just repainted...

Davis224

They need to make some type of celebration about the Disney Villains. I love the happy feeling of disney more than the next person, but the villains Rule!

:p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom