Newbie question

Longmanjon

Original Poster
Hi all

new to the forum looking for help

we will be visiting Disney in August this year, as my parents have paid for the family to go.
They bought it through virgin and we are staying at Disney all stars music, but they didn’t buy the dining plan, so my question is: should we eat on the resort/hotel or get a hire car and go out of resort to eat, and would we need to book months in advance, there will be 6 of us

thanks

DisneyJoe

Hi all

new to the forum looking for help

we will be visiting Disney in August this year, as my parents have paid for the family to go.
They bought it through virgin and we are staying at Disney all stars music, but they didn’t buy the dining plan, so my question is: should we eat on the resort/hotel or get a hire car and go out of resort to eat, and would we need to book months in advance, there will be 6 of us

thanks
There are hundreds of locations to eat on Disney property (421?), approximately 126 of those are table service that accept reservations, and not all of those require them to be made in advance, as some are more popular than others.

You don't need the dining plan to eat on property - you can pay with cash or credit card or charge the meal to your resort room account (which would be settled during your stay to credit card on file)

Renting a car to go offsite just to eat is up to you, but it is an extra cost for the car as well as a time cost to get to and from those locations.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Welcome!

Personally I would not consider renting a car to go off property to eat when you are staying on property.
Just doesn't make much sense to me.

I would suggest eating at mostly Quick Service locations and then plan on a couple of Table Service meals and yes you'll want to secure them in advance. You can do so 180 days prior to check in.

If you're hoping to do mostly Table Service meals then I would add the dining plan and if your parents do not want to foot the bill for everyone to add it then I'd suggest that each part of the family pays for it themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom