Newbie Question

deltaandthebannermen

Original Poster
Hi,

I'm quite active over on a Doctor Who forum where I am running what we call a 'marathon' thread - watching Doctor Who in order and posting reviews on the forum as I go. I am also marathoning Disney films and then looking at the wider world of each film - theme park attractions; spin-off cartoons/shows; computer games, musicals etc. I started a couple of threads over there to post my thoughts on this as well, but - being a Doctor Who forum mainly - it only generates limited interest.

Now, all these marathons I also post on to my own blogs with pretty pictures and the like, providing people with links to them in my signature so that they can go and seek out thoughts on other things should they so wish.

I have tried to find a suitable Disney forum as a better home for my Disney marathon and it came down to this one and one mainly concerned with DLP (a trip to which prompted my Disney blog).

I have been posting my film reviews in the film section but they don't seem to be generating much chat. My thoughts on the different attractions - often comparing the different iterations across the different theme parks - have been harder to find a home. I tried the Imagineer section and got told that was wrong so I moved them over to the General Discussion section but I've now been told that probably isn't the right place either.

I also in my last couple of posts included a link to my blog just for people's interest. I have been told this is against forum rules and I'm sorry about that. Is there a good place to set up a thread for these thoughts or a place where it is okay to point people towards my blog?

If there isn't, I'm happy to take my thoughts elsewhere - I'm just very enthusiastic about Disney and want to share my ideas with like-minded people and hopefully prompt a bit of wider discussion.

Am I in the right place? :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
General Discussion would be the right place for a thread that is based on Walt Disney World attractions. No problem in adding in some comparisons to DLP etc in there, as long as the thread is primarily on the subject of WDW. General Discussion is pretty much the catch-all location for anything WDW that doesn't fit in one of the other sections.

On the subject of the Blog link, we are here for discussion, and not to promote sites. So the inclusion of links largely depends on how it's done. If the owner of the blog is also posting links in threads, it makes it appears to moderators that the intent is really to self promote. If the links are posted by third parties, then there is less of a suspicion of that. There is then also the subject matter of the blog that is being linked to. So it is really a case of a judgment on the behalf of the moderator. Unless absolutely necessary, we prefer the discussion to remain on the forum, and not to have users having to visit external sites as part of the thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom