New "Zelda" delayed until 2006

WDWBro

Original Poster
The new Legend of Zelda game, "Twilight Princess," has suffered a release date delay. It was originally scheduled to come out around this November, but the developers have asked for more time to try and add more to the game. This leaves Nintendo without a big exclusive for this holiday season. I don't really care, b/c I just have an XBOX. But what do you guys think?

Huge Dreamer

At first when I saw the delay I was kind of disapointed but know that I think about it I will be getting the Xbox 360 when it comes out so the graphics would seem out of date, plus $399 for the system with hard drive ($299 for core system) I wont have much for money to spend on games.

wdwishes2005

oh great, nintendo is messing themselves up more.

think about it, nintendo revolution comes out next year, is it smart to release a game for an outdated system half a year before?:brick:

and why the heck did they wait five years to make the next LoZ anyway? it was an EXTREMELY popular game, and they released a childish looking game in most LoZ fans eyes(i loved wind waker, i just wish they released twilight princess before it) then release what looks like a great come for an outdated system.....

LilDucky

I didnt bother to get Waker. I love Zelda, but this one just seemed like a cheap way of satisfying the need for a Zelda game. Im sort of disappointed that they pushed back the date, but at the same time, I'm glad they're pushing it back to make the game even better. It better be worth the wait!! If its anything like Majora (it looks it!), then I will be a happy gamer!

Halfling418

I was surprised to find that I liked Wind Waker...you aren't really Link...exactly...but anyway although the look is radically different, I enjoyed the story more than Majora's Mask...I remember beating it and thinking "I worked my butt off for that??" But being a shameless Zelda fan I love it nonetheless.

Salty-

If the earliest Zelda will see the light of day is April (and can anyone be certain North America receives it at the same time - typically most Japan developed games arrive 4-8 months later) then I say - move the whole project to the Revolution.

Why?

• Increased graphics
  • Larger "worlds"
  • A flagship (and how) title at launch
  • Use of the new controller

Salty-

STR8FAN2005 said:
How/where did you pre-order?

Specialty stores like EBgames and Gamestop have been taking preorders since mid-May.

$50 is required initially with the remaining due (obviously) at launch. Pay it all then or pay off a little at a time (like I'm doing) until then.

Madison

I never cared for games like Zelda, but a friend who loves adventure games played the new Zelda game a bit yesterday and said it was amazing.

CaptainMichael

Salty- said:
Specialty stores like EBgames and Gamestop have been taking preorders since mid-May.

$50 is required initially with the remaining due (obviously) at launch. Pay it all then or pay off a little at a time (like I'm doing) until then.
So, is there a legitimate price out there from Microsoft? If not, what the f*** is taking them so long? This is going to be a hot item this holiday season!

CaptainMichael

wdwishes2005 said:
oh great, nintendo is messing themselves up more.
You have to wonder about good ole' Nintendo. They seem to be slipping up lately. At this rate, Revolution may be their last console. Right now, they can't possibly compete with Playstation and XBOX.

wdwishes2005

STR8FAN2005 said:
You have to wonder about good ole' Nintendo. They seem to be slipping up lately. At this rate, Revolution may be their last console. Right now, they can't possibly compete with Playstation and XBOX.

imho nintendos execs are naive, the think that quilaty games will help them, you need an impressive system to do that, all most people look at are the stats. nintendo gamecube. crappy graphis, no dvd and very little online support and the best gamees out of the gaming world.. ps2 good graphics, dvd support, music support, and solid online play. xbox, internal memory, music support dvd support, incredible graphics and online play.... hmm what is the general public going to buy?

E:E@AK

wdwishes2005 said:
imho nintendos execs are naive, the think that quilaty games will help them, you need an impressive system to do that, all most people look at are the stats. nintendo gamecube. crappy graphis, no dvd and very little online support and the best gamees out of the gaming world.. ps2 good graphics, dvd support, music support, and solid online play. xbox, internal memory, music support dvd support, incredible graphics and online play.... hmm what is the general public going to buy?

Actually, Gamecube has better graphics than ps2.
Check out these pics of RE4.

GC- http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/img_2308395.html
Ps2- http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/013/013887/img_2976217.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom