New Years Weekend - Crowded?

g_gresham3

It's Monday, 12/29, and we'll be at WDW this Friday. Yay! But I was wondering how the crowds will be, since the MK is scheduled to be open until Midnight all weekend. Sounds like they are expecting crowds.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Wed 12/31 - Huge crowds
Thurs 1/1 - Still crowded
Friday 1/2 - Maybe not so crowded?
Sat 1/3 - ???
Sun 1/4 - ???
Mon 1/5 - Probably very quiet.

Back when I worked at WDW, some of the quietest days were right after a major holiday, such as July 5, or the day after Labor Day. Then again, that was long ago, when crowds weren't so big, and dinosaurs ruled the world.

Thanks!

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
The 31st to January 4th will be very crowded. Don't expect the crowds to drop until the 5th. Many people will be taking off Friday and having an extended vacation into the weekend. Monday the 5th will be the only day while you're there that won't be crowded.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It will be busy, but you'll have a great time! Enjoy all those special events over the New Year :D
I would recommend Epcot for New Years Eve. Nothing can beat Epcot for soakingup huge number of people! :)

Upvote 0

g_gresham3

Original Poster
Thanks... I just moved our plans back a day, so we will have 2 days of crowds, but also of fireworks and midnights at the MK. Then we'll have 4 days of quiet January bliss -- I hope.

It's a personal thing, I just hate crowds and waiting in long lines. Which is why we go in January.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi there, I was wondering the same thing. We arive Jan 1st, I don't expect my room to be ready when we get there (around 12:00, normally it is.) I am a bit concerned about crowds, but I hope it will be bearable. We stay until the Jan 7th, I am hoping this start to wind down on the 3rd.

Have a good trip. The weather is looking good. I will wave if I see you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom