New Years Question

DallasDis

I was wondering, what is the procedure when the park fills up. Is it one out-one in? Or is there no chance of getting in once the park fills up? I was just wondering what would happen if we waited outside the MK until we could get in.

Eyekimore

Are you staying on property? If so- then you can get in no matter what.
I remember we were worried about this in 1999- especially. I think it is closed to off-property folks and remains open to those staying on. Let's face it- on New Year's Eve- who's leaving before midnight?

Upvote 0

echoscot

We are staying on property. But i had heard that they close it off even to resort quests.

Yes, now sometimes they close it off to resort guest...New Year's Day shouldn't be a problem, it's New Year's Eve that is horrible. There are capacities set by the fire marshall. And even that number makes it uncomfortably crowded.

No it isn't one in one out. Once they close it stays for a while. They have to have a significant number of people leave before they reopen the turnstyles. They do reopen them though, so don't give up. You just have to be patient.

As a matter of fact if you are going on NYE, then Patience is the very best thing you can pack.

Upvote 0

Smee

If your a resort guest you will get in, but get there early. My only New Years Eve experience at MK was 12/31/05,the crowd was unbelievable. Main Street up through the circle was completly packed by about 9:00 PM, you could not get through the crowd. By 11:00 PM, the arms going out to each land were packed. The fireworks are amazing, don't miss them, just get a spot early.

The real chaos was after the fireworks, the entire mass of people all tried to funnel down Main Street. There were abandoned strollers everyhere creating road blocks, the crowd was tripping over them. We found a vacant space off to the side and just waited it out.We got back to PO about 2:00 AM after the long bus wait.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

I was wondering, what is the procedure when the park fills up. Is it one out-one in? Or is there no chance of getting in once the park fills up? I was just wondering what would happen if we waited outside the MK until we could get in.

It is not one in-one out. All the parks (MK, AK, DHS/MGM, EP, BB and TL) will go through phased closings when approaching legal capacity for a day. During the summer, BB and/or TL can hit capacity on a daily basis by 1pm. Once a park reaches capacity, it usually closes temporarily, and when it clears out a bit they re-open it.

Typically, the phases are as follows at each of the parks:

Phase 1: Guests with MYW base tickets, one day tickets, no tickets, and CMs using their maingate pass are turned away. If you have a mulit-day ticket or are a resort guest/passholder, you can still get in.

Phase 2: If you already have either an Annual Pass, Park Hopper ticket , or are a resort guest with tickets, you will be admitted, but you must use resort transportation - you can't park in the parking lot.

Phase 3: Only Resort Guests and Annual Passholders will be admitted. No 'day guests' are allowed entry at this point - regardless if they have a ticket in hand or not. Only resort transportation can get you there.

Phase 4: The park is closed to all guests, and all incoming transportation is stopped.

I'm not 100% sure of the numbers, but I believe phased closings start at MK when attendance hits around 60,000, AK at 37,000, and BB and TL are between 6500-7500. If anyone else has better/more accurate numbers, please correct me! :p

Upvote 0

jasonfc13

new year's eve

This year will be my wife and my 4th year in a row going down for new year's eve, we stay on property and we have never been turned away. We usually go to EPCOT for new year's eve, it is great.

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

As a matter of fact if you are going on NYE, then Patience is the very best thing you can pack.

I couldn't agree more. Just realize you and many others are all in the same boat. Just roll with the punches and have fun.

We always hit a few rides after the fireworks. It seems everyone is in a rush to go home, so many of the rides are walk on or at most, a 10 minute wait.

Doing this helps move the mob out from Main Street, but then there's still people waiting to get on the Monorail and buses.

Upvote 0

echoscot

This year will be my wife and my 4th year in a row going down for new year's eve, we stay on property and we have never been turned away. We usually go to EPCOT for new year's eve, it is great.

True, EPCOT almost never closes because of its size. The Magic Kingdom and the Studios do close quickly and even after reopen frequently close again because they are relatively smaller.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

We are staying on property. But i had heard that they close it off even to resort quests.
Just remember that as a resort guest, you are guaranteed admission to a park, it may not be the one you want though. Get there early. We went to Epcot last year and loved every minute. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom