New Years Eve Questions?

Ashleyyxoh

What park would you recommend being at for New Years Eve?

What time should I get there?

If I want a good spot for the fireworks/parade/show [depending on the park], what time should I start looking for one? :)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I've done NYE in Epcot and it was AMAZING! Be aware though, any park you choose to visit for NYE will hit capacity very early on during the day. We got to Epcot around 9am and it was closed due to capacity issues by 11:30am. We grabbed our place along the WS railing for the NYE Edition of Illuminations (which was breath taking) about 2 1/2 hours early.

Upvote 0

Bug715

I was working at MK last year for new years and the fireworks are awesome!! But they show them for three nights so I'd just catch them another night. This year I plan on being in EPCOT. My parents were there last year and got in around 2 or 3. The parks will hit capacity but eventually will open back up when some guests start to leave. I've heard that DHS is a lot like a big concert by the Hat. My parents said that the EPCOT fireworks were cool and that there were different concerts all around the world.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

They show the Magic Kingdom New Years Fireworks for 3 nights. Catch them on a night before NYE itself.

For NYE, watch from Epcot. The place is much larger and hasmuch larger walkways so its never really ridiculously congested like at MK. For six consecutive New Years Eves, we have spent them at Epcot in the Japan pavilion at the video dance party and people watching until the show starts. We find that the back section of the park remains less crowded. Even though we were in Japan snacking on foods, dancing, and sitting to people watch, we never officially "got our spots" for the NYE show until about 11:30. Japn has so many wide open walkways without tress blocking your view it was never a problem.

May I also suggest a room at a deluxe Epcot Resort; this way you can easily sneak out at Park closing and not deal with bus/monorail/tram lines and gridlock on the roadways. Just walk back to your room and relax....

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Then it's not even a question any longer!

Watch the MK fireworks on 12/30 so you can say you saw the NYE show.

But for NYE itself, be in Epcot. Easy exit with no lines and no traffic. You will really enjoy the show and the atmosphere of the Park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom