New Years Eve Phased Closing @ Epcot

gbruenin

It looks like I'll get to fulfill a 25+ year wish of being at WDW for New Years Eve! Yes, I know it will be crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to experiencing it.

What I don't know is how much of a problem it is for phased closings at Epcot. I understand it happens at MK, but I'm not seeing much posted regarding Epcot. My thought is that Epcot simply swallows people, and its not a problem. We're thinking of going out the Intl Gateway for dinner at the Boardwalk, then being back in the park by 7:00-ish. Looking for some guidance here.

Thanks. Gary

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You are unlikely to see a phase closing at Epcot on New Year's Eve - I think the last was for the Millennium. The Magic Kingdom is a near certainty though.

Epcot is a great choice for NYE - enjoy! Be prepared for it to be extremely busy though - don't plan to do a lot of rides.

Upvote 0

Disnee4Me

We were at EPCOT NYE '08 .... mobbed. We got there around 11 a.m. because my 12 yr old DS was running a slight fever that morning, so we let him sleep in a bit. We absolutely did not manage to get on one single ride. It was wall to wall people. So we agree, we'd bolt out of there shortly after midnight. We ran outta there at about 12:10-12:15 to catch the first bus back to our resort. Then matters got worse as my DH got chest pains and refused to check into a Florida hospital and we drove on the 2nd straight through the day and night (with him popping nitroglycerin pills) until we reached Connecticut --- he had an angioplasty on the 3rd!!

Upvote 0

gbruenin

Original Poster
You are unlikely to see a phase closing at Epcot on New Year's Eve - I think the last was for the Millennium. The Magic Kingdom is a near certainty though.

Epcot is a great choice for NYE - enjoy! Be prepared for it to be extremely busy though - don't plan to do a lot of rides.

Thanks, that was my impression as well, and wanted to hear from 'the experts'. I'm looking at it much like Times Square in NYC...just experiencing the sheer madness of the night, plus the WWIII barge of fireworks, makes it worth it. Not planning to kick the bucket anytime soon, but if I did have a bucket list this would probably be #1.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom