New Year's Eve Parties 2018-19

Adistew

Hello,

We've just booked NYE holiday at WDW and I was wondering if someone could point me towards how I can find NYE special parties. If they are not available yet does anyone know what was available last year and when I'll be able to book them this year. Also if anybody has experienced one any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

nickys

Premium Member
Hello,

We've just booked NYE holiday at WDW and I was wondering if someone could point me towards how I can find NYE special parties. If they are not available yet does anyone know what was available last year and when I'll be able to book them this year. Also if anybody has experienced one any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

For the last couple of years at least there was a range of events at the Contemporary. Raging from effectively a dessert party, a themed family party and a smart, more formal type party costing $$$$$$$.

They announce special events, and special dining (again, costing $$$$$) much nearer the time. Possibly August / September, maybe even later.

Around World Showcase, there will be several party stages set up. It all depends on whether you want a relaxed experience with a gazillion other people, or an event at a resort. Not sure what else there was.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello,

Thanks

Keep an eye on the front page of wdwmagic.com, we will report them as they become available.

For 2017

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/di...ontemporary-resort-for-new-years-eve-2017.htm

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/fly...events-at-walt-disney-world-resort-hotels.htm

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/hol...-new-years-eve-2017-entertainment-line-up.htm

Upvote 0

Adistew

Original Poster
Thank you both for the replies. Potentially looking at the Contemporary Resort Disney's countdown to Midnight as we only have a limited amount of time and it be good to know we'll get a good view of the fireworks and have dinner organised. I've heard there are desert parties within the parks? I was thinking that might be a cheaper options for a good view.

Upvote 0

Amos1784

Thank you both for the replies. Potentially looking at the Contemporary Resort Disney's countdown to Midnight as we only have a limited amount of time and it be good to know we'll get a good view of the fireworks and have dinner organised. I've heard there are desert parties within the parks? I was thinking that might be a cheaper options for a good view.

I'm assuming you have never been for New Years? If a private party does not work out for you I HIGHLY suggest you check out EPCOT. They put on quite a show. There are special DJ's in many of the countries, a fire breathing dragon in China, lasers in Italy, Band in UK and MANY pop up bars situated throughout the park. They hand out hats and horns and have a special fireworks show. The park handles crowd really well so while its crowded it is still great. It is a really great time but understand if you are looking for something more low key.

Upvote 0

Adistew

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion Amos. Yeah, we have never been to WDW at all. Have you been to NYE before? If you have, what time did you get there? Our flight will land at about 4pm so we are limited by that.

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

Thanks for the suggestion Amos. Yeah, we have never been to WDW at all. Have you been to NYE before? If you have, what time did you get there? Our flight will land at about 4pm so we are limited by that.

I've done NYE at WDW for the past 3 years and here are my thoughts, assuming your 4pm flight is landing ON the 31st. You should try your best to get into the park. The NYE fireworks at MK are something special and they are best experienced directly in front of the castle somewhere. Arriving at the time that you are, there's a chance that they will reach capacity and enact a phased closing, preventing you from entering (depending on whether you are a Disney resort guest or not). If this is the case, it's a safe bet you should be able to get into Epcot's party.

Epcot on NYE is actually my favorite place to be on NYE. Really special party atmosphere with dance parties going on at several different countries around World Showcase and a couple of locations closer to Future World. The fireworks at Epcot for NYE are no less special (in my opinion) than the Magic Kingdom fireworks. It's also MUCH easier to find a good viewing spot for the Epcot fireworks, as the good spots in Magic Kingdom fill up quickly and need to be reserved hours in advance. However, if you are more of the princess and fairy-tale type, you will likely enjoy the Magic Kingdom show a little more.

That being said, I would advise that if there's any way for you to bump your arrival up one day earlier... you should do it. The NYE fireworks in Magic Kingdom are shown on the 30th as well as the 31st, allowing you to double dip by being in Magic Kingdom for the 30th and then experiencing the party in Epcot on the 31st.

Upvote 0

Adistew

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply, our flight gets in on the 31st but we are staying at Art of Animation so I don't think we'll have an issue getting in. Thanks for the Epcot firework suggestion. Based on you and Amos, I think we might do that. Seems the logical solution instead of spend way to much money on a decent fireworks position.

We are princess and fairy-tale types but it sounds like it'll too crowded to really enjoy the experience.

We are going to an NFL game on the 30th (in another state), so can't make it there for the 30th fireworks but I watched Tim Tracker's video last year about, it would have been good if that worked out.

Is there any point in making Fast Passes for NYE? I figure it might be a good way to do a few rides once we arrive.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Is there any point in making Fast Passes for NYE? I figure it might be a good way to do a few rides once we arrive.

That depends on when you plan to arrive, and what you'd like to do. The different sound stages around World Showcase will kick off at differentt times, and as each country reaches "their" New Year, celebrations will start!
And some people will start staking out their viewing spots very early, but if you're happy to watch from further back you can really see just as well, bar one or two parts!!

It wouldn't hurt to book some FPs, and you don't have to use them if you change your mind.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom