New Year's Eve and Day

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by jwbeck3
Was anyone at the parks on New Year's Eve and/or day? I was wondering how crowded the parks were.

I heard crowded...but the weather was keeping a few people away (Still crowded though)

FLcastmember

MK was full at 11am
Epcot was full at 2pm
Studios was full at 2pm
DAK....not sure

75% of all guest had left the MK by 9pm (Thunder and Lighting at 8pm)

moved the first spectro up by 15 min
canceled the second

moved the 9pm fireworks to right after the first spectro ended
canceled the permimter portion of the 11:53 show, but still fired them from out back and from the Island in the 7 Seas.

Jan 1st was very very busy as a reasult
Jan 2nd was one of the busiest days all week, above what was expected
Jan 3rd, opening MK at 830 due to anticipated LARGE crowds

put it this way, the queue for HM was all the way to the Keel Boat dock, then twisted down to the water, then along a path that conects the KB dock to the Riverboat dock, then it went up the River boat exit, and started just to the left of HM FP distrubution.

Splash FP distrubution line was all the way to thunder, and thunders stand-by line was to the briar patch

that says it all.

CONGESTION EVERYWHERE!!!! the park wasnt build to handle what FP has done to crowd flow

100+ min for Space, Splash and Thunder this afternoon
45-75 min for just about everything else

Javier&Christie

Yeah we were there.. it's so badly crowded that we barely rode anything, just walked around most of the days.

I'm not sure we'll be going up for New Year's celebration anymore, there's just too many people.

Mookie

While the MK certainly began the beginning phases of 'being full,' there were actually larger crowds on the days leading up to New Year's Eve than on the day itself. It almost seemed like they jumped the gun a little bit. Yesterday was pretty crowded, but compared to the rest of the week, it was relatively slow.

moonchild

My Mother & Father In Law have been there since Dec 22nd. They said the crowds are aweful. But they are still having a wonderful time. I mis them. Cant wait for them to come home and hear all the stories. ( I think it's so cool that I absolutely LOVE my In Laws!)

Sean23

I arrived at Epcot around 6 p.m. when going to the parks the only park that said it was full was the MK. The crowds did not seem that bad to me even though spaceship earth looked like it had an hour wait. I walked around world showcase and it was not as crowded as past years. The crowds left around 8 p.m. after the first illuminations because of the rain, it was pouring.

mickeyfanatics

MK was crowded until the rains hit at 6:30 PM and did not stop. By 10 PM, the park was empty and there was no wait for Splash. Main Street became crowded at 11:55 for the fireworks which were awesome.

Sherm00

it looked crowded. I was watching ________ Clark on ABC and I liked the little reports from disney land and disney world, really got me into the new years mood.

Michael72688

I went to AK, MGM, and MK yesterday and all of them were so croweded you could barely move!

At AK, Primeval Whirl was 35 min, Safari was 50 mins, those were the two really crowded ones, but the animal trails were filled with people
At MGM, ToT (which I didn't ride) was 120 mins, Rockin' Roller Coaster said 90 mins but seemed longer!
At MK, arrived just as Spectro was about to begin, BAD IDEA! Got to Buzz Lightyear, 45 mins, Space Mountain was 60 mins, Indy Speedway was 30 mins, and Tea cups were only about 10 (sorry would have more but thats all we had time to do)
Also I find an awesome spot to view Fantasy I the sky, stand by Space Mountain, there are few crowds and you have an unobstructed view of the show!

TURKEY

I was at MGM on NYE. It started raining about 7:00. The first Fantasmic started about 5-10 minutes early with sprinkles starting as the crowd was leaving. The rain just picked up from there. By the time I made it back to the main street, it was pouring down.

The park had pretty much emptied by 9 pm. I left at 9:30 soaked to the bone. I'm getting sick because of it.

Indy was running late because it was being used as a shelter. The 8:45 show started close to 9. Sounds Dangerous was packed.

ON 1-1-03, I was swaping resorts. I got to MK about noon and it was pretty packed. Hall of Presidents was packed, HM wasn't that busy (20 min line, FP only about 1.5 hours until time started). Got a seat curbside for parade at 1:30 and left afterward.

Went back for Fantasy in Sky about 8:30. Main Street was packed, you could barely get by. I was able to get a good spot to watch on the Adventureland bridge.

kevlightyear

I was at Epcot on New Year's Eve--It was the most crowded I have EVER seen it. People were everwhere. At 10:30 in the morning, fastpasses were already for 11:00 pm to 12:00 am. That is insane! CM's kept having the remind people it was for that night, not that morning. It was so crowded, Wonders of Life was even busy. . .just kidding. You should have been there when they handed out the hats and horns. It was madness. I had never heard so many horns go off in such a short period of time. Now I realize why they were given out at 5:30, instead of upon entry in the morning. Sheesh. I'll post pictures soon, even though I did leave after the first Illuminations--the deluge of rain was too much for us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom