New Year 2009 at wdw

poolstitch 2009

Original Poster
Hi, We are going to disney inbetween Christmas and new year. I was wondering which park to go to see the new year in? anyone got any ideas ?:xmas:

timeman

I would recommend Epcot. You will want to get there when they open and stay all day. You will also want to make sure that you get fast passes early as the wait times for the rides later in the day will be really long otherwise. I know that last year the wait time for Soarin' later in the day reached 280 minutes.

The New Year's Eve fireworks for Epcot are really good. They also have DJs in all the parks for New Years Eve. In Epcot they have DJs in three of the countries and one DJ in front of the Fountain of Nations in Future World. It is possible to see the New Year's Eve fireworks for both Epcot & the Magic Kingdom. You can see the Magic Kingdom New Year's Eve fireworks on Dec. 30th as they do them on both the 30th and 31st. You can then go to Epcot on New Year's Eve to see the fireworks there that night. This is what I did last year.

I would not do the Magic Kingdom on New Year's Eve because that park will be the most crowded and has a lower crowd capacity then Epcot.

AshaNeOmah

I have spent 2-4 New Years in Disney. I suggest watching the firework show in the Magic Kingdom on the 30th, assuming it is still being shown. You'll get the same show, with the countdown, just a day early. On the 31st, EPCOT is the place to be. Arrive early because the park itself will reach capacity, not just the parking lot, and will be horribly crowded. We brought cards/games and found a seat for the show 3-4 hours early. The wait was pretty long but the great seats made it well worth the time. DHS has a really good fireworks show with Sorcery but it definitely comes in third, in my opinion.

The Disney Girl

I agree with Asha, EPCOT is by far the best show. They really utilize the whole park, and everything just looks/sounds amazing. The MK show is fabulous too, but what fireworks show at MK isn't? :p

Bug715

I have spent 2-4 New Years in Disney. I suggest watching the firework show in the Magic Kingdom on the 30th, assuming it is still being shown. You'll get the same show, with the countdown, just a day early. On the 31st, EPCOT is the place to be. Arrive early because the park itself will reach capacity, not just the parking lot, and will be horribly crowded. We brought cards/games and found a seat for the show 3-4 hours early. The wait was pretty long but the great seats made it well worth the time. DHS has a really good fireworks show with Sorcery but it definitely comes in third, in my opinion.

I agree. For New Years 2008 MK showed their fireworks for 3 nights. I believe they did the same for 2009. This past NYE we were at EPCOT by Italy and could see MK's in the distance also. It was really cool! I'd sugest getting there early. We got our spot around 3pm so we got the place we wanted right by the water. Then someone would hold the spot while the others walked around. It gets crazy near midnight with people trying to push to the front. I believe they had another fireworks show at 10pm that night too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom