New Year’s Eve?

nickys

Premium Member
Yea, 30th they crack down a little and the 31st is when they crack down the most on it. Hope you had fun at the Polynesian!

One thing I’ll add for @Andrew25 :
Non resort guests are now unable to mobile order at Gasparilla Island Grille. Given this, you probably won’t be able to watch from the beach (at Polynesian) itself. You could likely still watch from the marina or Contemporary, though. I wish you the best of

Yeah, it should always be the case as it's the policy. Any other reports might be older or people who got lucky lol
Maybe I’m just thinking about the fact they’ll let people in, whether paying to park or in a ride share then? Although I do know of a couple of recent examples where they didn’t have to pay.

Andrew25

I have an AP, so I'm just going to park TTC and walk over with my group. I just want to make sure I can watch it from somewhere around Seven Seas lagoon with decent viewing. I know the main beach at the Poly over by the Marina is "reserved" for hotel guests... but what about the beach area closer to the TTC or that general area along the bungalows?

Worst case scenario is we book it back to Celebration.

DisneyFanatic12

I have an AP, so I'm just going to park TTC and walk over with my group. I just want to make sure I can watch it from somewhere around Seven Seas lagoon with decent viewing. I know the main beach at the Poly over by the Marina is "reserved" for hotel guests... but what about the beach area closer to the TTC or that general area along the bungalows?

Worst case scenario is we book it back to Celebration.
You should be fine outside of the main area with all the swings and hammocks. I hope you have a great time!

PS: The audio might be quiet (though it’s usually fine), but you can always play the source audio from YouTube as a backup if there is no audio where you are watching. And you can always watch the 6:30pm show with fewer viewers in addition to the later show.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

but what about the beach area closer to the TTC or that general area along the bungalows?
In the past, I’ve always seen that part of the beach open, even when the other section was gated. While you have more ambient light over there, it’s a more head on view of the castle with some very nice reflections in the lagoon. It’s one of my favorite spots although less so with the new ferry dock.

TrainsOfDisney

Consider yourself lucky and enjoy it from afar. The parks are not enjoyable NYE.
When the railroad ran like Walt intended, I’d ride the rails a few times and then watch them put the trains away and then hang out in storybook circus until it was time for fireworks. I’d watch fireworks from behind the castle near the bridge to beasts castle, and then after I’d take a ride on 7 dwarves and Winnie the Pooh as the mass exit happened on Main Street.

The parks can still be enjoyed, but not for amateurs! Haha

Chef Mickey

When the railroad ran like Walt intended, I’d ride the rails a few times and then watch them put the trains away and then hang out in storybook circus until it was time for fireworks. I’d watch fireworks from behind the castle near the bridge to beasts castle, and then after I’d take a ride on 7 dwarves and Winnie the Pooh as the mass exit happened on Main Street.

The parks can still be enjoyed, but not for amateurs! Haha
I’ve done it all ways and know the secrets, but you still have to contend with the crowds at various points. It’s just not worth it.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Not helpful now but maybe in the future, the Poly beach is only blocked off where there's a view of the castle. The right third is blocked by the bungalows so they don't close that part off. It's accessible from between Tokelau and Hawaii and walkways to the east, including from TTC. It works if okay not seeing the castle. There's also a hill bayern the beach and TTC and I believe *that* has castle views, but it gets more crowded up there with nonPoly guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom