New Year’s Eve?

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This will be or first NYE as locals but we are blocked out from the parks. I’ve heard Boardwalk is fun on NYE, is that true? Any other non park suggestions? Not much is available for dining reservations but that’s fine.

DisneyFanatic12

This will be or first NYE as locals but we are blocked out from the parks. I’ve heard Boardwalk is fun on NYE, is that true? Any other non park suggestions? Not much is available for dining reservations but that’s fine.
Boardwalk has been quite fun in past years. You can always watch the fireworks from afar as well. At the Boardwalk they usually hand out the NYE hats and have a DJ on the green.

nickys

Premium Member
You’ll need to think about how to get there. Without a dining reservation you’re unlikely to be allowed in to park.

And the Boardwalk will be flooded by Epcot guests wanting an Uber home afterwards.

The Swan or Dolphin might be a better option and then walk over. But the same will apply afterwards if using Uber etc.

Megamazing

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You’ll need to think about how to get there. Without a dining reservation you’re unlikely to be allowed in to park.

And the Boardwalk will be flooded by Epcot guests wanting an Uber home afterwards.

The Swan or Dolphin might be a better option and then walk over. But the same will apply afterwards if using Uber etc.
We’re just gonna park at Epcot and walk over.

SpectreJordan

Heads up: Swan, Dolphin & Swan Reserve will charge for parking unless you eat at one of their restaurants & have it validated there.

nickys

Premium Member
Heads up: Swan, Dolphin & Swan Reserve will charge for parking unless you eat at one of their restaurants & have it validated there.
Is that just at NYE? Thee are lots of reports of people being able to park there other times. But they will let Ubers in at least.

Andrew25

Planning on watching from the Poly (parking at MK) - shouldn't expect to be turned around from the beach right? Saw the 4th fireworks and had no problem - not sure if NYE is a bit more hectic.

DisneyFanatic12

Planning on watching from the Poly (parking at MK) - shouldn't expect to be turned around from the beach right? Saw the 4th fireworks and had no problem - not sure if NYE is a bit more hectic.
Historically they have scanned the bands of every guest on the beach. I don’t know if regular guests will be allowed, but I’d definitely have a backup plan. For instance, you could go to the Contemporary if they’re scanning bands at the Polynesian beach.

plutofan15

Historically they have scanned the bands of every guest on the beach. I don’t know if regular guests will be allowed, but I’d definitely have a backup plan. For instance, you could go to the Contemporary if they’re scanning bands at the Polynesian beach.
We stayed at the Poly through this past Sunday (12/24) and watched the fireworks from the beach on 12/23. Nobody was scanning bands. Of course it might be a different case on NYE. But I believe the OP was asking about NYE activities, not where to view fireworks.

DisneyFanatic12

We stayed at the Poly through this past Sunday (12/24) and watched the fireworks from the beach on 12/23. Nobody was scanning bands. Of course it might be a different case on NYE. But I believe the OP was asking about NYE activities, not where to view fireworks.
Yea, 30th they crack down a little and the 31st is when they crack down the most on it. Hope you had fun at the Polynesian!

One thing I’ll add for @Andrew25 :
Non resort guests are now unable to mobile order at Gasparilla Island Grille. Given this, you probably won’t be able to watch from the beach (at Polynesian) itself. You could likely still watch from the marina or Contemporary, though. I wish you the best of luck!

Attachments

• IMG_4604.jpeg
    IMG_4604.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yea, 30th they crack down a little and the 31st is when they crack down the most on it. Hope you had fun at the Polynesian!

Non resort guests are now unable to mobile order at Gasparilla Island Grille. Given this, you probably won’t be able to watch from the beach (at Polynesian) itself. You could likely still watch from the marina or Contemporary, though. I wish you the best of luck!
Poly beach will only be accessible to resort guests with wristbands.

SingleRider

Technically you can click past that and place an order anyway, but they probably won’t let you in to park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom