New XPass Hardware at Space Mountain

TheOneMouse

Original Poster
Some new equipment has been added at merge inside of Space Mountain this week. It is currently covered with the typical blue coverings you see on FP machines when they are closed. It is about 4 feet tall with a large ball on the top (I'm guessing this part will house the scanner), and is positioned next to the FP line just after where people with FP usually give their FP to the cast member before being send down either side to ride.

Word is Space will be one of the first to test this new system, and will be doing so very soon. This is no surprise as Space Mtn usually is the guinea pig for FP tests.

Will try to get pictures of the new hardware posted soon.

RalphinSC

I've seen a post on another board that several other attractions at the MK have had these covered RFID scanners pop up near their fast pass entrances in the past few days as well.

GrumpyFan

I just really hope this (XPASS) isn't going to be an elitist service.

It's not supposed to be. But, then again, everything known about it is speculation. Disney hasn't said anything official yet, and I'm a little surprised they didn't make mention of it in this morning's announcements considering how many of them are supposedly being installed right before our eyes.

Sir-Disney

Where did you ever hear that it was going to be a "pay per use" item? :shrug:

I can imagine he is thinking of it only being available to deluxe resort guests. I don't know if I can see it being that select of a service. However, I can see it being a perk for your ticket option.. much like the parkhopper or no expiry option.

Tip Top Club

Keep your ears to the ground at Magic Kingdom. I, of course, can't tell you that there will be some kind of tests happening over there in the next few weeks...

lazyboy97o

Where did you ever hear that it was going to be a "pay per use" item? :shrug:
That has pretty much been the story all along. It may be included in Deluxe stays and work its way down, but that just means the price is being included with your room rate.

The Disney Kid

That has pretty much been the story all along. It may be included in Deluxe stays and work its way down, but that just means the price is being included with your room rate.

That's what I understand. You pay for the option and you, basically, have FP at every attraction. What I wonder is, Will it become so popular it will end up rivaling the stand by queue?

G00fyDad

I don't see it being a pay option at all. I think it will be an option to book once you hit 180 days out, for everyone, and it will be free.

I don't see it being a pay option at all. I think it will be an option to book once you hit 180 days out, for everyone, and it will be free.

Its Bad enough at the moment booking my dining reservation 180 days out, working out where I want to eat in 6 months time and now I could be booking my favourite attractions also this could start turning my vacations into a military operation. I just need Disney to launch the restroom booking slots and bus/monorail seat reservations and then I can have my whole trip preplanned before I go:p

G00fyDad

Its Bad enough at the moment booking my dining reservation 180 days out, working out where I want to eat in 6 months time and now I could be booking my favourite attractions also this could start turning my vacations into a military operation. I just need Disney to launch the restroom booking slots and bus/monorail seat reservations and then I can have my whole trip preplanned before I go:p

When is everyone going to stop looking at this as an "either/or" situation. "I have to book my rides 180 days out?!?!?" No, you do not. If you will want to do so then join us that do. If not, then don't. You'll likely see no effects of this xPass system at all, despite what the doom and gloom people will say. If you don't want to book your TS 180 days out, then don't. If you don't want to book your rides 180 days out, then don't. It really is that simple. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom