New (WDW) type handicap ride policy at Disneyland now?

ejkanter

Original Poster
When did Disneyland change their policy on handicap line waiting for rides?
We just got back from a 4 day trip and haven't been there in almost 2 years.
In the past we noticed that handicap/wheelchair/ect guest would wait toward the front of the line but their party would wait in line like everyone else and then all get on together once it was their turn.
We thought this was great as it reduced the amount of people taking advantage of the system just to get on rides right away like at Disneyworld.
This time when we were their they seem to have changed the policy to the same as Disneyworld were you and your whole party just goes right to the front and gets on without waiting.
Very disappointing. I understand there are certain instances with special needs people where there might be a problem with them having to wait for long periods of time and have no problem with that but just because you sprained an ankle or broke your leg shouldn't get you special privaliges.

DecWDW

I thought the handicap entry was to make it easier for the person to get through the lines with their wheelchair, not a special privilege. If I had a broken leg and had to use a wheelchair, I think I'd appreciate not having to negotiate the queues.

ejkanter

Original Poster
I'm not talking about the handicaped/wheelchaired person having to go through the line. They normally would wait at the ride entry while the non handicapped people in their party would wait in line like everyone else till they got to the front where they would rejoin and all get on together.
That was the norm but I guess that has changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom