New WDW Trivia book - do you know the answers?

Captain Hank

Hmmm, something I noticed at the Main Street Exposition hall a few years ago: there was an alto saxophone in one of the display cases, but it had a tenor sax neck and mouthpiece. Something only a sax player would notice. If I remember correctly, the finishes were completely different on each part too. I don't know if it's still there.

peter11435

KimPossible said:
ok all here is the scoop, the whole Morocco and Norway controversy....Morocco and Norway have no lights because they have places or worship in the pavilion, but the prob with that reasoning is that so does Italy and Japan. So what is that all about? I think Eisner is just CHEAP!

Second, if you are trvaling from Morocco to France or vice versa and look on the groud you will notice a strech across the "World Showcase Promenade" that is a different material. this material is a light brown and a bit rocky. What is it suppose to represent??? The Strait of Gibraltar (sp?) also if you look around the shop in Morocco that is on the lagoon side you'll notice the same material. what is this suppose to be? The Sahara Desert!!
Actually all of the lights were installed while Eisner was CEO. They were installed for Illuminations in the late 80's not when the park was built. Morrocco does not light because it is against their religious beliefs. While other countries in world showcase also have religious symbols, none have a specific rule against adorning them with lights other that Morrocco. They did not put lights on Norway because then there would be five lit on one side of the AA and only four on the other. To balance out they didn't put lights on Norway. This is not an example of Eisner being cheap but rather Disney's attention to detail.

phlydude

Laura22 said:
I looked for that darn 5 legged goat FOREVER last week and could not find it. I must have counted the legs on all the goats 10 times. What side of the mural is it on?? I looked really hard at the side you see when you get off the monorail and I also looked at the side when you are facing the monorail tracks and couldn't find it!
Goat PicIt is facing the monorail up high! Hard to see and even harder to get a good pic!!

Lee

Adventurer
Chape19714 said:
The ballons stand for Earth wind and fire, or maybe rain, but they do stand for things that effect "the Land"

Nope.
The center balloon represents the cultures of the world.
The other balloons represent the four seasons.

AKQJ10

phlydude,

As much as it pains me to agree with an Eagles fan (longtime NY Giants season ticket holder here) :lol: , you are correct in the reasons Mike from Mouseplanet wants to look at some of those areas more closely. Some of the true magic of WDW is hidden in so many of the details that many people overlook!

and Peter has it right for the reasons Morocco doesn't have any lights!!

Nice job, everyone!!

sissa216

Chape19714 said:
How many pairs of Sunglasses are turned into lost and found at the magic kingdom every day? (on average)
100 pairs per day average
See, I saw that too and I swear its gotta be higher. We found a good ten to twenty every night at space, and if you keep up that ratio on all the attractions, well that's just a lot of sunglasses :p

phlydude

I don't know. How many attractions toss you around and drop you like Space? BTMRR, Splash and that's about it. I'd like to think that if I lost my glasses on tea-cups or dumbo, I would be able to get them back after the ride!

webmomom

I thought I would add a few more to see if anyone knows. Yes I have the answers.

1.What are the four names of the four genuine steam engine locomotives?

2. In the Main Street Stations waiting room, who stars in the Multi-Scope presentation of "Old San Fransico"?

3. What year did the Main Street Emporoium officially open?

4.According to the signs on the way from the Plaza Pavillion to Tommorland, who will be conducting the Martian Pops Orchestra in concert?

5.What is floating in the Gulp gas pump?

stitch131313

webmomom said:
I thought I would add a few more to see if anyone knows. Yes I have the answers.

1.What are the four names of the four genuine steam engine locomotives?

Walter E. Disney, The Lilly Bell, Roy O. Disney, and Roger E. Broggie :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom