New WDI logo

Stripes

Premium Member
Just to compare old vs new. Here's old:
1200px-Walt_Disney_Imagineering_Logo.svg.png

And new:
D_xMsuRXkAAZc9w.jpg:large

No Name

Nobody seems to think the D in this new “Walt Disney” signature wordmark is significant. Walt Gisney has been present and identical pretty much everywhere, and certainly in every logo, this century. Most folks I know think that’s actually a signature from Walt Disney himself because they’ve seen nothing else. The Walt Gisney Company takes their branding seriously and it’s uncharacteristic for them to allow a different wordmark.

This means two things. Either a company-wide logo change is in the cards and this is the first sight of it, or imagineering is not valued as a public marketable brand and so leadership doesn’t care about this inconsistency. The former would be news, the latter would be dumb, but either way I’ll certainly be keeping watch.

ImperfectPixie

Nobody seems to think the D in this new “Walt Disney” signature wordmark is significant. Walt Gisney has been present and identical pretty much everywhere, and certainly in every logo, this century. Most folks I know think that’s actually a signature from Walt Disney himself because they’ve seen nothing else. The Walt Gisney Company takes their branding seriously and it’s uncharacteristic for them to allow a different wordmark.

This means two things. Either a company-wide logo change is in the cards and this is the first sight of it, or imagineering is not valued as a public marketable brand and so leadership doesn’t care about this inconsistency. The former would be news, the latter would be dumb, but either way I’ll certainly be keeping watch.
Yep...closer to Walt's actual signature or not (the new one does appear to be closer to the actual signatures I've seen), it's not the "logo" form of the name "Disney" that the world knows.

the.dreamfinder

1280px-Walt_Disney_Animation_Studios_logo.svg.png

VJ

There's precedent. Disney used the classic Walt signature in the logo for Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives, and also uses Walt's actual signature in the Walt Disney Signature Collection branding. I'd honestly be surprised if this usage of the classic Walt signature was more than just an isolated choice.

That said, I love this new logo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom