News New Valentines Decor

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
MouseInfo has an update showing off a new Decor package:

20190122_123740-D.jpg

brb1006

Seeing these photos just reminded me of a question. How often does Disneyland or even WDW put up Valentines decorations? The only notable Disney Park that comes to mind that actually celebrates and goes all out with anything Valentines related is at Tokyo Disneyland.

I remember sometime between 2006, 2007, and 2008 Tokyo Disneyland held a special Valentines Day related event dedicated to Minnie Mouse with Daisy, Clarice, Marie and Miss Bianca being very prominent during that event. It even had its own stage show and parade.

For those unfamiliar with Japan's way of celebrating Valentines Day. Unlike the western way of celebrating Valentines Day where both men and women are exchanging gifts to each other. The Japanese celebrate Valentines Day by having girls giving gifts to boys (mainly heart shaped boxes filled with chocolates). While on White Day, the boys are exchanging gifts to the girls. Some parts of Asia also celebrate Valentine's Day in this style.

This can explain why Minnie, Daisy, Clarice, Bianca, and Marie were the main focus of Tokyo's Valentine's Day event with Mickey and the other male Disney characters aren't seen during the parade and stage show.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Seeing these photos just reminded me of a question. How often does Disneyland or even WDW put up Valentines decorations? The only notable Disney Park that comes to mind that actually celebrates and goes all out with anything Valentines related is at Tokyo Disneyland.

I remember sometime between 2006, 2007, and 2008 Tokyo Disneyland held a special Valentines Day related event dedicated to Minnie Mouse with Daisy, Clarice, Marie and Miss Bianca being very prominent during that event. It even had its own stage show and parade.

For those unfamiliar with Japan's way of celebrating Valentines Day. Unlike the western way of celebrating Valentines Day where both men and women are exchanging gifts to each other. The Japanese celebrate Valentines Day by having girls giving gifts to boys (mainly heart shaped boxes filled with chocolates). While on White Day, the boys are exchanging gifts to the girls. Some parts of Asia also celebrate Valentine's Day in this style.

This can explain why Minnie, Daisy, Clarice, Bianca, and Marie are were the main focus of Tokyo's Valentine's Day event with Mickey and the other male Disney characters aren't seen during the parade and stage show.

Interesting!! Thanks for the info!

I know that Disneyland installs minimal decorations usually, this seems like quite the expansion this year. It all ties into Minnie though, so I assume it’s part of the 90th celebration sort of.

nemofinder22

The decor looks nice, not a fan of the Mickey floral stuff. I'm having flash backs to the "Year of a Million Dreams: 1.0 floral. :confused::cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom