New Vacation Planning DVD

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Be sure to check out the 2006 vacation planning DVD...it kept a lot from last year, but has several significant updates--i.e. it actually shows the attractions new for the 50th, not just artwork or commercials, including Everest. Check it out.

dizneycrazy09

amejr999 said:
Does it have the same annoying people, etc.?

just watched it tonight in fact. There was this kid, Luke in the video. He showed us the "thrills". I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle him. I personallly didn't like this video. It was too wacky and just stupid. Good info tho. Even tho they obviously weren't testing Everest when they filmed it, b/c if you look good enough you can see the scaffolding.

tirian

Does it show the evil Wand? :animwink:

(Yes, this is in reference to the wild speculations running around on here for the last planning DVD.)

...but wouldn't it be a great 25th Anniversary present to get rid of the ugly structure? A fellow CM who works at SSE told me that the SSE CMs receive more complaints about the wand than about the closed post-show! According to her, many Guests complain that it's "...ugly and looks like it's falling apart."

So... is it on the DVD? :lol:

jrobinson424

We got ours today. It has alot more stuff than last years. I thought it was the same old thing but as usual, I was wrong. This one gives so much more information. I really like it. However, I do wish they would have used someone besides Luke. I can't stand him. I would like to smack his "knarley" face. Just my opinion.

dizneycrazy09 said:
just watched it tonight in fact. There was this kid, Luke in the video. He showed us the "thrills". I wanted to jump through the screen and strangle him. I personallly didn't like this video. It was too wacky and just stupid. Good info tho. Even tho they obviously weren't testing Everest when they filmed it, b/c if you look good enough you can see the scaffolding.

Ditto on the Luke opinion. We don't watch that DVD as much as previous vacation info tapes because of Luke's "in your face" enthusiasm....and the hands! He was always throwing them at the screen. Argh! Granted, the poor guy could be a classicly trained actor who was following direction. Blame the writers and director, but don't bring in another skater boy to show me around the park.

tirian

My favorite benches are the minimalist ones in Japan at Epcot, followed by the Roy/Minnie and Goofy ones on Main Street. My least favorite are the milk-jug benches at DAK because they absorb heat and stay HOT and the perforated metal ones around the race track in Tomorrowland (makes your butt hurt).

There's my guide to benches at WDW. Now, if they put something important/interesting/useful/entertaining on the DVD...

TinkerBell9988

tirian said:
...but wouldn't it be a great 25th Anniversary present to get rid of the ugly structure?

I just said that same phrase today, almost exactly... haha. I say Disney puts hundreds of ropes around it, then all the Disney/EPCOT fans can pull on the count of three... :D

shmmrname

Luke was nowhere near as annoying as the 'bench guy'...

And, my favorite benches are: Across from Aloha Isle in Adventureland and in the 'alley' between Main Street Bakery/Candy Store (don't know its name)

NTI2002

dizneycrazy09 said:

Blast, soudns like it's pretty much the same as last year's video.

I like it better when they give you more of a tour of the whole resort. I don't like the whole in your face production they've got going on right now.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
NTI2002 said:
Blast, soudns like it's pretty much the same as last year's video.

I like it better when they give you more of a tour of the whole resort. I don't like the whole in your face production they've got going on right now.
I would argue this is more of a tour of the whole resort...the old videos used to glaze over each park in about five minutes, touching on the most popular attractions. This one goes in more detail, I think...and, I think it's funny (and what's wrong with some humor?). The old videos always seemed to be hosted by some mildly creepy narrator (a little too happy...), not real people, like this one. I like it, though the ADD footage used sometimes annoys me (camera is always shakey and no image is on the screen longer than 3 seconds).

Mimi

ISTCNavigator57 said:
I would argue this is more of a tour of the whole resort...the old videos used to glaze over each park in about five minutes, touching on the most popular attractions. This one goes in more detail, I think...and, I think it's funny (and what's wrong with some humor?). The old videos always seemed to be hosted by some mildly creepy narrator (a little too happy...), not real people, like this one. I like it, though the ADD footage used sometimes annoys me (camera is always shakey and no image is on the screen longer than 3 seconds).

This really bugs me too! It is a major reason why I don't even surf past the Disney channel anymore. I wish that loud, obnoxious, in-your-face, sensory-overload thing would go away!

donald23

tirian said:
Does it show the evil Wand? :animwink:

(Yes, this is in reference to the wild speculations running around on here for the last planning DVD.)

...but wouldn't it be a great 25th Anniversary present to get rid of the ugly structure? A fellow CM who works at SSE told me that the SSE CMs receive more complaints about the wand than about the closed post-show! According to her, many Guests complain that it's "...ugly and looks like it's falling apart."

So... is it on the DVD? :lol:

How do you think that it's ugly?? I love the wand, and I think it makes Epcot seem more like a "Disney" park. I hope it stays forever.:cool:

Shide

So is it basically the same video as last year shot for shot but with the addition of new footage of Everest/Soarin'? Anything new on the resorts?

DisneyBunny

ISTCNavigator57 said:

This is why I can't stand the new version of the planning video - all that Faux-poor production values makes me nauseous. It's like EXTREME Disney!! We're hip! We're cool! Look how we can make it look like an indie film, and to lend us some street cred, we'll use this surfer dude, and a hyper chick, and a "mom" and relaxing bench dude...

which, is funny. Where else but here can you find people debating on which is their favorite bench in the parks? :lol: I'm partial to the ones in Adventureland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom