New Vacation Planning DVD?

Gantu

I was just wondering if anyone has recieved the "Year of a Million Dreams" free vacation planning DVD. I ordered it the day the promotion began - even though we already have the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" DVD.

Yep. I want to see 'em all.

Anyway, I've only gotten an email stating the DVD is "almost ready to head your way." Anyone seen the new discs yet?

By the looks of the packaging, they've lumped together WDW and Disneyland under the "Disney Parks" banner. Could it be they're waiting to add the NEMO stuff before this hits the mail?

tracyandalex

we ordered ours the first day they were available and still haven't received it. we did get the email though about 2 weeks ago, i think. our trip is in 37 days, i guess we'll see which comes first

:wave:

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

bauton

I received the new cruise DVD on Monday. It is great. It came with a full color glossy book that has room for you to take notes, right down preferences etc... The DVD itself is new, and has many interactive menus and the like.

I hope the WDW DVD is as well made as the cruise DVD.

Upvote 0

fkflintstone

I got my dvd on monday also ,But I watched mine right away [how could any other show be more important?].It is different without a host -just a narrator [there are hosts for the kids section ,sort of anyway]it seems pretty good, I'll let you know how it holds up after I watch it 20 or 30 more times.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Okay, lets see here. This is probably the most "different" DVD we've seen in awhile. Lots of new clips, (still some of the old standby clips are there though,).
I really like how they have CM's, but all of the kids and adults saying their wishes get old after ahwile. The one thing that annoyed me was how quick all of the clips were, every two or three seconds they "fade" into a new clip, so you never get a good look at one thing but quick clips.
Also, they show SSE without the wand a few times.

And, did anyone else wonder why they were playing music from the Nutcracker while showing Mickey's Philaharmagic? Weird.

Upvote 0

SewIn2Disney

Also, as far as newbies to the whole WDW scene goes, they never really mention the attraction names, so how is someone supposed to become familiar with the parks?
And, one other nitpick-they showed illuminations going on with a lit up SSE in the back, when we all know the lights on SSE go out with the rest of the lights.

I can't wait to try out all of the interactive elements!

Upvote 0

campdisney

Just an FYI for anyone who ordered a dvd, didn't get an email and still haven't receive it yet: your order may not have gone through.

I ordered my dvd the first day the new ones were available. But then I never got the email so many others said they got. Yesterday, I called WDW Travel to make my trip reservations (YAY!) and I mentioned not getting the dvd yet.

The gal looked it up and their system didn't have me down for one at all -- despite the fact I ordered it online weeks before. She said that for some reason, many of the online orders didn't really go through when originally placed. She's sending one out to me now -- but I thought I'd pass info this along in case anyone is in doubt and wants to re-order.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I didn't get an email, but I DID receive the DVD yesterday.

Will it work that way for the maps as well? This Friday is 3 weeks, but I haven't received an email about them being sent...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom