New V.I. Passholder Events Include Some Free After Hours Access

DougK

Original Poster
Just saw this:

40D7B194F887616F4F578419A4A59BFF.jpg

You may have noticed this year we've been creating a collection of special offerings for our Passholders. We're calling it V.I.PASSHOLDER events – a special way for us to show appreciation to our Passholders with exclusive events and experiences!
•​
Passholder-Exclusive In-Park Offerings – Enjoy V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks during some of your favorite seasonal events throughout the year such as special giveaways and exclusive offerings.
•​
Special Surprises in the Parks – Experience sneak peeks of select new Park offerings!
•​
NEW - V.I.PASSHOLDER Nights* – For our Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders, enjoy special after-hours access to some of your favorite experiences on select dates starting August 2018.

*This event will have limited capacity and registration will be required. Invitations will be sent to Gold, Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Passholders via email over the next few weeks for V.I.PASSHOLDER Nights. Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.

francism

Very exciting. We paid to do Disney After Hours last Saturday and it was excellent so having an opportunity to do a couple extra hours in the park at night without paying for an event ticket is spectacular.

GlassHalfFull

I just wish they would get these emails out REGULARLY to ALL passholders.. I can't imagine there is a worse run list that I have ever been apart of.. other lists email me after I ask to get off the list.. this one just forgets to send them to people in mass. I hope I get the email when it's actually time to sign up...

DougK

Original Poster
I just wish they would get these emails out REGULARLY to ALL passholders.. I can't imagine there is a worse run list that I have ever been apart of.. other lists email me after I ask to get off the list.. this one just forgets to send them to people in mass. I hope I get the email when it's actually time to sign up...

I think it's pretty random. I seem to be among the early recipients of this particular announcement email but I'd bet when it comes time for the actual invitations to the events I will be last on the list for those emails!

alex0c

Nice! Rare to see a freebie these days, especially one that has pretty significant value if it's comparable to the After Hours events.

(*free after spending $600+ on the pass)

Last edited:

Biff215

Agree on the randomness of AP emails, but I actually got this announcement earlier today. Now I’m just hoping I get the registration info when that opens as we were already planning to be at MK on August 5. I’m sure someone will post here once it opens.

MrHappy

It may appear random and disorganized, but it most likely isn't. Companies use data to segment their database to create many many many email lists. You may have been excluded for many reasons that we don't know about - analysis may have shown that it serves no financial purpose to send you an email(s). Those who receive an email are receiving it because they met several pieces of criteria that Disney has identified as valuable. I believe as an AP "member" Disney is only required to communicate with once or twice a year, but I'm not sure if AP is classified as a membership product and subject to those requirements.

Should not be one complaint about this. Disney giving free experiences is a plus in my book. Even though it doesn’t look like I can make any of them, bravo for doing it.
Not one complaint! Really? The fact that it is for one night only at MK and 2 nights at Epcot with limited number of guests, and we should not complain. What percentage of AP holders do you think will be allowed in? I may change my attitude if I'm one of the lucky few to get registered in time.

Turtlekrawl

If anything like DVC moonlight magic at EPCOT last week, it will still be quite busy around the parks after hours, even if they cap admission. We found the regular EMH at EPCOT the following night to be much quieter and more pleasant.

Just an observation, not a criticism - it’s GREAT to see Disney offering these types of perks.

I wouldn’t be that upset if I can’t attend.

donsullivan

Premium Member
They really need to move away from this email based notification. Email is just not a reliable method of mass communication.

Especially when you add the issue they've never found a way to resolve with the outbound email block list if you opted out of marketing communication by email many years ago. That list still exists and it seems there is no way to get your email address off that list. The only way I was finally able to fix things for myself after fighting with the Avatar preview last year was to add an additional email onto my account. That seemed to fix things when the Toy Story Land 'preview' emails came out recently. The message was sent to both addresses but only received on the one we added last summer. My normal address that is the base of my MDE account, never received the message.

mikejs78

Premium Member
God, Disney can't win. Usually it's "Disney keeps getting rid of perks!". "Everything's an upcharge now!". "They don't care about AP holders!".

Now they offer a new perk to AP holders that doesn't cost an additional dime, and it's "they're not doing it often enough!". " I can't make the dates!". "sure, it's good if your close but not for those who live a distance!".

It's a perk. It's not part of the service that was advertised as part of the AP. It's a new, free, additional perk. And maybe if they are successful they will do more of these. Come on, can't we give Disney credit for once???!!

mikejs78

Premium Member
Especially when you add the issue they've never found a way to resolve with the outbound email block list if you opted out of marketing communication by email many years ago. That list still exists and it seems there is no way to get your email address off that list. The only way I was finally able to fix things for myself after fighting with the Avatar preview last year was to add an additional email onto my account. That seemed to fix things when the Toy Story Land 'preview' emails came out recently. The message was sent to both addresses but only received on the one we added last summer. My normal address that is the base of my MDE account, never received the message.
You can thank the CAN-SPAM act for that....

donsullivan

Premium Member
You can thank the CAN-SPAM act for that....

I completely understand the mess they were in that started it. It's just sad that so many years later, they haven't come up with a mechanism to get yourself off that list- the only resolution they offer you is to 'get a new email address'. A significant number of the issues with Passholders not receiving these email communications is caused by that and they seem unable to find a reasonable way around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom