New User with Park Audio Questions

SmooveB79

Original Poster
Hey y'all. I've been a lurker around here for years, and I finally decided to add my two cents. The discussion around here has always been interesting and educational (some of it, anyway), and it's a bit of a thrill to be in the mix.

The short version of my story is that I'm a 27 year old living in Brooklyn NY and pursuing a career in comedy/acting. I've been a WDW lifer for 20+ years. I proposed to my wife at the DAK Lodge during a hurricane (long story), and we made a point to visit Tokyo DisneySea while we were in Japan on our honeymoon (it was completely wild).

Anyway, I can't wait to start yelling at y'all about whether or not the new TOT drop sequence is a betrayal of Walt's vision.

Here's my question to start things off: what are the best resources for high quality and/or rare park audio? Back in the napster days, I put together a respectable collection, but recently it seems like good resources have sprung up behind my back. I hit up Sounds of Magic a few times, but now it seems like it's gone. This evening (on a tip from this board), I hit up dc-torrents, which is great, but the word on the street seems to be that the real place to be is the Disney Central IRC Chat Channel.

Is that even the right way to say that? What the heck is IRC chat? I'm no idiot when it comes to computers, but I can't seem to find anything about how to get in on that.

Thanks in advance, and best to everybody here.

SmooveB79

Original Poster
Thanks for the links!

Also, it's my first post ever, and I've already gotten a lesson in how I should search harder before I start a new thread about something. That's gotta be some kind of record.

Anyway, now I know I've truly arrived.

maxime29

Premium Member
Newsgroup access is probably the top choice. There are a few Disney related newsgroups including one for the park music AND videos. Only downside is you have to pay for it. Certain ISPs include it in their services.

alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks

Skippy

Speaking of IRC since it's on topic and all... does anyone have any idea how to set up a server on mac... because if I can, I'd start serving all my music so there will be something up when popkid isn't running his.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom