New Twilight Zone movie. Will it effect DHS?

Bravo 229

It depends. The Tower of Terror is based off of just one of the stories from the Twilight Zone - though it has references to many other stories/episodes in the queue and ride as well. If it were just about the Elevator episode, and Disney had a hand in the film, then sure I think they would try and tie into it somehow. But if its some other studio and focuses on other stories, I think they'd probably just leave it alone. The attraction is very solid as-is, so I'd hope they would just leave it be. It could be an interesting film though!

rodserling27

It depends. The Tower of Terror is based off of just one of the stories from the Twilight Zone - though it has references to many other stories/episodes in the queue and ride as well. If it were just about the Elevator episode, and Disney had a hand in the film, then sure I think they would try and tie into it somehow. But if its some other studio and focuses on other stories, I think they'd probably just leave it alone. The attraction is very solid as-is, so I'd hope they would just leave it be. It could be an interesting film though!
Well, TECHNICALLY it's not based on any of the episodes. They made one up specifically for the ride :wave:

I doubt we'll see anything, since the ride is based on the classic 1959-1964 episodes, and not anything we've seen since (80's, 00's series, etc). But it would be cool if they added some more T-Zone merch!! There's jsut not enough for me in that gift shop :ROFLOL:

nolatron

The movie hasn't even been scripted yet and you're wondering if it'll affect the ride?

Just because Disney has an X based on a Y, doesn't mean that X has to change when Y does.

captainkidd

I don't think so, for a couple of reasons:

A.There's no reason this movie will be a success. They already tried doing this, and no one cared.

B.The connection with MGM is gone.

C.The storyline is too good and too popular on the ToT.

Vernonpush

Original Poster
The movie hasn't even been scripted yet and you're wondering if it'll affect the ride?

Just because Disney has an X based on a Y, doesn't mean that X has to change when Y does.

I was just wondering if Disney would promote it more when the movie is released. I never assumed that they would change the ride to go with the movie. Just wondering if they would "up" it's visibility in commercials and of course add more merchandiseing for all those "younger folk" who never saw the original TV shows, but now think it's "trendy" (if the movie succeeds).

Cmdr_Crimson

Well...They did do a movie...
totmovie.jpg

And we never speak of it again....:lookaroun

rodserling27

totmovie.jpg

Oh my. . . I remember being IN Florida visiting my Grandparents in October , just after a summer WDW trip, and this movie had just come out on the TV. We didn't have the Disney Channel at the time at my own house, I don't think, so I was SO excited for it...and so very, very disappointed that it had nothing to do with the Twilight Zone at all :hurl:

Vernonpush

Original Poster
totmovie.jpg

Oh my. . . I remember being IN Florida visiting my Grandparents in October , just after a summer WDW trip, and this movie had just come out on the TV. We didn't have the Disney Channel at the time at my own house, I don't think, so I was SO excited for it...and so very, very disappointed that it had nothing to do with the Twilight Zone at all :hurl:

I remember that!:eek: But wasn't there another movie that was released before that one. One that was just the "backstory"?

Jerm

I don't think so, for a couple of reasons:

A.There's no reason this movie will be a success. They already tried doing this, and no one cared.

B.The connection with MGM is gone.

C.The storyline is too good and too popular on the ToT.

A. The original Twilight Zone movie was a hit, which this is more along the lines of because it has nothing to do with the attraction.

B. MGM had/has nothing to do with TZ period it is all CBS.

C. that is true!

I don't think it will even be a blip on the attraction radar!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom