New ToT @ DL looks ahead of schedule

WDWspider

Original Poster
Perhaps not... but the ToT at DCA looks like it will be finished very soon from the outside. How much is left to do on the inside. They are saying Summer 2004, but I think this attraction may be running ahead of schedule. Considering it is a copy ride, and that DCA really needs this attraction, maybe they are pushing to open earlier?

Any opinions, insight, or views on this?

Jerm

The tower is looking really good but I would not say it is ahead but the testing date back when they started working on it was X-mas time 2003. They still are finishing up the actual tower on the outside, I have heard the inside is almost testing but no real report. Also it is not a copy of MGM TZToT there is no 4th diminsion room and no leaving the shaft but that has been touched upon over and over again. But it is looking great but they still have not touched the landscaping or even a entrance from the park that can be seen.

Jerm
*END OF LINE*

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by Jerm
The tower is looking really good but I would not say it is ahead but the testing date back when they started working on it was X-mas time 2003. They still are finishing up the actual tower on the outside, I have heard the inside is almost testing but no real report. Also it is not a copy of MGM TZToT there is no 4th diminsion room and no leaving the shaft but that has been touched upon over and over again. But it is looking great but they still have not touched the landscaping or even a entrance from the park that can be seen.

Jerm
*END OF LINE*

Yes, I knew that, you misunderstood me. The technology is copy, being that it contains even less ride element should make it even easier to reproduce. I have seen very recent pictures of the outside, it is very close to being completed on the outside.

Jerm

All the building really needs is a bit more paint and some lil things here and there but the queue entrance and the actual outside queue have not ever been touched really. If they hope for it to be half as cool as the queue for the MGM one they have a lot of work to do before it gets there.

J
*END OF LINE*

TRIPLEG

umm the tower of terror at dca is going to have 3 diff drops i hear i dont know if thats the same as the one over in wdw

disneydawg

I just went to dcacentral.com today and saw their latest pics. I think this tower looks awesome. Maybe its just me but the structure looks more massive and expansive than the one at mgm. I was a little surprised when I read earlier posts that the ride is not as long as the mgm version (i.e. no 4th dimension).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The 5th dimension scene at WDW caused a lot of problems during construction, and more trouble during regular park running. I am not surprised to see it being dropped from DL. It is a shame though, as it really is a unique and coole feature. Well on the plus point, at least the 2 versions are not identical, so each will offer something different.

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by ShanenLuvsDsny
Does anyone have any recent pictures they could post?

This photo is from MouseInfo.com:

(It's exactly what you would see if you went to DCA right now)

Attachments

• 0715update.jpg
    0715update.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 104

Tigggrl

DL NEEDS this attraction to open early! It has a date of 2004 initially, but there needs to be something coming sooner than that, especially for the Christmas season. X-Games is pulling folks in, but not like it was expected. I know that the parks are hurting right now, as there are no 6 day work weeks or shifts more than 8 hours at this point, and they are cutting back hours as well, sending people home early. Last year they were extending people every night, and working 12 hour shifts and 6 and 7 day work weeks. I will be there tomorrow, and will check out a weekday. I personally hope its not too busy! LOL! It has been on the hot side lately, with temps well over 100 where I live, and it is usually about 10 degrees cooler there. AND we have no A/C here at my house...:hammer:

Michael

Wow, that photo looks very familar...oh yeah it came from MouseInfo! :)

We did a 12 page update of Tower from DCA. Here is the link in case anyone is interested. There is also a video at the end of the update.

WDWspider

Original Poster
Originally posted by Michael
LOL So mean!:wave:

Are you mad? I'm a member at MouseInfo. :rolleyes: I left this thread up a while and no one produced any pictures. I live in NC... I cannot just go and take a pic of the ToT. If you want, I can retract your picture. It really is not the big deal you seem to be making this out to be... the focus of discussion is the Tower looking ahead of schedule, not who can get the best new picture of the tower. I never took credit for your picture, nor did I think it was important enough to post where it came from since it's just a shot and nothing particularly exclusive. It would be different if Steve were to post this on his front page, but seeing as this is just a discussion topic I do not understand the "mean" comment or the need to act like I'm taking credit for anything. :(

Michael

No way, I am not upset in anyway. I sometimes posts on here and just wanted to give a shout out if anyone wanted to view the update!

I said so mean cause I was playing along with her comments about thanks for the picture. :)

WDWspider

Original Poster
No way, I am not upset in anyway. I sometimes posts on here and just wanted to give a shout out if anyone wanted to view the update!

I said so mean cause I was playing along with her comments about thanks for the picture. :)

Oh OK, I'm sorry - I did go back and cite your picture on the post though. Written word is hard to interpret sometimes. Hope my post did not come out the wrong way. :) Although after rereading what I posted I think I did sound a little hostile, sorry. :lol:

Michael

Originally posted by WDWspider
Oh OK, I'm sorry - I did go back and cite your picture on the post though. Written word is hard to interpret sometimes. Hope my post did not come out the wrong way. :) Although after rereading what I posted I think I did sound a little hostile, sorry. :lol:

No worries at all! You are very right, written word is hard to interpret.

Have a Disney Day!

ShanenLuvsDsny

Oops! Sorry Michael! Thanks alot for the link and the great pictures! Actually I didn't see your post until just now. :rolleyes: Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get to Disneyland soon myself and get some pics of my own. :D :D :D
LOL So mean!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom