New Toll Road

Rhuarac

We are leaving in a few days, driving down, and I saw somewhere that the new toll road was open with a DW exit. It's not on mapquest or my atlas and i was just wondering if anyone knew if it were open and where on the property it comes in at. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Vernonpush

Toll road 429 south is open to the WDW exit. You enter the property north of The Animal Kingdom and connect to other Disney roads just north of Coronado Springs Resort.

Upvote 0

fjm777

Toll road 429 south is open to the WDW exit. You enter the property north of The Animal Kingdom and connect to other Disney roads just north of Coronado Springs Resort.

Does this new road really save you time over just going to I-4? I am worried I will mess up and get lost or end up going way out of the way.

12 More Days !!!

Thanks.

Upvote 0

DigitalDisney

The road is a real time-saver.

US 27/192 has turned into suburban hell, and it's frequently monitored by police these days.

I-4 is usually slow, and you have to go out of your way to take the turnpike to I-4 to WDW.

Western Way (the new tollroad) just plain rules. I won't use anything else on future visits. It also gives you a new view of WDW as you approach the WDW exit. You can see Space Mtn and the Contemp rise above the horizon, which is definitely a new view.

Upvote 0

autigger

My family and I just returned from a trip to WDW and we took the new toll road and then Western Way exit into WDW. This route was GREAT!! It was very easy and well marked. There was little to no traffic.

A major bonus was that we arrived about 9:30 pm and actually saw the Wishes fireworks from a distance on our drive in. It was a great way to begin the magic.

I HIGHLY recommend taking this route for anyone driving down I-75 to the Florida Turnpike.

I believe it was only $1. This is in addition to whatever toll you have to pay on the turnpike.

Upvote 0

autigger

The route from I-75 is simple and well marked.

I-75 South to Turnpike South
Turnpike South to Toll Road 429 South
Toll Road 429 South to Western Way
Western Way straight into Walt Disney World

There are signs on 429 that say Western Way and Walt Disney World - Can't miss them.

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

There are signs on 429 that say Western Way and Walt Disney World - Can't miss them.

Bless you! I definitely will check this out, especially since I'm staying on property next month.

Upvote 0

fjm777

Thanks a lot. I will give it a try when we drive down.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom