New(to Me) Places to Eat

jesemeca

Original Poster
All but one trip I have taken to Disney World has been with my family. So I always ate where they ate. This trip I have decided that I want to eat at a new(to me) quick service place each day. I was wondering what is some of you favorite places to eat. What do you like from there? Any suggestions would be helpful.

jlmct52

My favorites are:

Magic Kingdom --- Crystal Palace
Disney's Animal Kingdom --- Tusker House Restaurant
Disney's Hollywood Studios --- Sci-Di Dine-In Restaurant
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Epcot --- Coral Reef Restaurant
Les Chefs de France
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge --- Jiko - The Cooking Place
Disney's Contemporary Resort --- California Grill
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resort --- Yachtsman Steakhouse

Sorry this is such a long list, but I like to try different places no matter the resort at which I am staying. Whenever I dine at any of these choices, I have always been pleased.

2epcot

We're not huge quick service people since we usually go during the F&W festival, but I would highly recommend the quick service restaurants in World Showcase, such as the one in Germany, great brats, Japan, great pot stickers, Morocco, great anything... Have fun and be sure to try something new. :slurp:

Quick Service:

1. Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Rays, or Plaza Restaurant
2. Epcot - Electric Umbrella (Beverage Refills)
3. Disney Studios - Backlot Express (Beverage Refills), Backlot Commissary Rotisserie Chicken), ABC Commissary (Huge Menu)
4. Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ

RiversideBunny

The nice thing about the Quick Service places is that you can choose at the last minute, on the spur of the moment, where you want to eat.
No reservations needed.
Eat when you get hungry and get whatever sounds good at the time.
Experiment. Explore.

Some of my favorites are:
MK- Columbia Harbor House/Casey's hot dogs
Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree BBQ
EPCOT- Fish and chips in England/Sushine food court in The Land
DHS- Not sure I have one at the Studios.

You can also go to resorts close the MK, like to the Grand Floridian Cafe and some places in the other resorts, that are technically not Quick Service but where you really don't need a reservation during the day.

Good luck.
:)

jakeman

Some of my favorites are:
MK- Columbia Harbor House/Casey's hot dogs
Animal Kingdom- Flame Tree BBQ
EPCOT- Fish and chips in England/Sushine food court in The Land
DHS- Not sure I have one at the Studios.
I agree with all of these.

At DHS, I would recommend popping by the Backlot Express. Right now the menu isn't great, but they never really seem to know what to do with it, so it seems to change often.

corey154

This will be a little long, but these are my favorites:

Parks:
1. Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Rays & Pinocchio Village Haus (not so much for food, but we love getting a table that overlooks it's a small world)
2. Epcot - Several great places:Electric Umbrella (i'm sure others will argue), Yakitori (Japan pavilion), Liberty Inn (USA pavilion), Nine Dragons (China pavilion)
3. Disney Studios - Toy story pizza planet arcade or Flatbread Grill (menu items like: wraps,veggie sandwhich, greek salads)
4. Animal Kingdom - I think it's called Yak & Yeti local cafe (love their eggrolls) it's next to yak and yeti, it's outside counter service & you have to find a table outside, not fun in the heat, but the foods worth it if you don't have time or cant get ressies for full service

Now I have to give props to some of the resorts I love eating the counter service at: Wilderness Lodge (roaring forks) & Polynesian (captain cooks)

travelgip

MK - I like the Turkey Leg at the cart in Frontierland.
DTD - Earl of Sandwich
Epcot - any of the WS pavillions have QS, my favorites are the fish n' chips in England with a pint of Guiness for lunch or dinner, Pastries in France with a cappucino for breakfast and a bratwurst and Becks in Germany - pretty much anytime! :slurp:

pacochran

Quick Service:

1. Magic Kingdom - Cosmic Rays, or Plaza Restaurant
2. Epcot - Electric Umbrella (Beverage Refills)
3. Disney Studios - Backlot Express (Beverage Refills), Backlot Commissary Rotisserie Chicken), ABC Commissary (Huge Menu)
4. Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree BBQ

I would agree on these we usually do Cosmic Rays, the Electric Umbrella and Backlot express. Have done Flame Tree and like that one.

Last time we were at AK we did Yak & Yeti for lunch which was pretty good.

At Epcot in China there is a quick service place that we tried and that was pretty good.

At MK we have done Pecos' Bills with its build your own Hamburger bar.

jesemeca

Original Poster
Jlmct52-- I like your suggestions, the lineup with what I like. But we already have our Table Service Meals booked. Any ideas for Quick Service places?

2epcot-- What about Yorkshire County Fish Shop? Have you tried that one? Any good?

Disneydadof5-- Is the Plaza a Quick Service? I wanted to try there, but I think its Table Service.

Riversidebunny-- What is the best at Columbia House? I've been thinking about that one.

Corey154-- How do I get a table overlooking It's a Small World? I would love that. I actually love that ride. LOL.

Travelgip-- I have been thinking about Earl of Sandwich. What would you suggest there?

Thanks for all the tips.

corey154

Unfortunately there's only a few tables that overlook the boarding area of it's a small world at Pinocchio Village Haus so during the busy time of day it can be hard b/c everyone wants those tables, they are first come first serve. I'd recommend going during non-peak times and you can usually snag a table easily. It's fun to watch everyone loading the ride, and waving at you as you eat.

You are correct, it's a table service. But they have sandwhiches for lunch and aren't normally very crowded. Maybe an out of pocket restaurant instead of a QS. If you want a QS though, Pecos Bills is really good with an outstanding Build Your Own Hamburger bar similar to Cosmic Rays.

Disneydadof5-- Is the Plaza a Quick Service? I wanted to try there, but I think its Table Service.

The only QS I am really fond of in the parks is Studio Catering Co. - Flatbread Grill in Hollywood Studio's.

In downtown Disney I like Wolfgang Puck Express.

misscritta

MK - Either Casey's or El Pirata y Perota (when it's open).
DHS - Haven't found anything we really like there.
Epcot - everything! No, really. Sunshine Seasons has to be my favorite there (even though there are so many options) because of the abundance of indoor seating and so many options to choose from!
AK - Yak & Yeti CS. We also enjoyed Flame Tree BBQ.

disneyny

MK- Pecos Bill or Columbia Harbor House (both big with lots of seating)
EPCOT- Sunshine Seasons (awesome choices)
DD- Wolfgang Puck Express (by far the best cs choices at Disney- love the mac and cheese!!)
Studios- Is there any good ones- if so we never found them........
AK- not sure about this one either

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom