New Tinkerbell art at the parks

Texas84

Original Poster
Not a huge Tink fan but my inner otaku might require me to buy this. The Disney/anime connection has big potential.

20110702_648117.jpg

Aoi Nishimata, the artist who designed the characters in the Shuffle! and We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky anime, announced on her blog on Sunday that she is collaborating with Disney. The "Disney Collaboration" Princess Line feat. Aoi Nishimata will not be sold in Japan at first, but at the Disneyland Resort in California and the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

The first item will be a signed canvas print of Nishimata's interpretation of Tinker Bell for US$350. It will be available at the Disney galleries and theme parks in California and Florida. The same item without a signature will be sold at the theme parks in California and Florida for US$125.

Source: Anime News Network
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-07-06/shuffle-aoi-nishimata-draws-disney-princess-line

LilSuzy

Hmmm, interesting. Not sure how I feel about Tink looking like a cartoon my younger brothers watched growing up the last decade. Anime has never interested me....but I will wait to see these in person.:)

Unplugged

The art looks very well done for combining the style of Anime and Disney. I'm not a fan of anime and am still unsure about how I feel on blending styles in animation in general. Since the original style is drawn of rendered art, I suppose I don't really get why someone would want to combine one form with another. Of course that's another form of art which is representative of the artist and expressive in their own way, so I supposed I answered my own question. :brick:

Thanks for the find and post. It is interesting none the less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom