New things to do at Walt disney world

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
You kno one thing disney can do (if possible) is make an artifical beach notice dere aren't beaches in Central flroida(obviuosly)this would probaly make soem people stay an extra day. And if they can make it with salt water even beter this woudl defenilty be a long task though but its been done in japan(indoor though).Yea they got the water parks but a beach is a beach and the can proably put a disney twist.Also what about a ski resort I've seen it in japan they got buildings where they maintain the snow and they ski no mater the tempature outside.Also a third water park with rides like in Schlitterbahn like the upwatds slide or the body sufing ride would be a great additon any other ideas?

Pongo

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
You kno one thing disney can do (if possible) is make an artifical beach notice dere aren't beaches in Central flroida(obviuosly)this would probaly make soem people stay an extra day. And if they can make it with salt water even beter this woudl defenilty be a long task though but its been done in japan(indoor though).Yea they got the water parks but a beach is a beach and the can proably put a disney twist.Also what about a ski resort I've seen it in japan they got buildings where they maintain the snow and they ski no mater the tempature outside.Also a third water park with rides like in Schlitterbahn like the upwatds slide or the body sufing ride would be a great additon any other ideas?

Hmmm... I disagree. Florida has some of the most famous and beautiful beaches in the world. There is nowhere you can possibly be in Florida and be more than an hour away from the ocean. There is definitely no need for an artificial beach, especailly in WDW. They have them covered with the two waterparks anyway.

I think Disney should build a bowling alley. Downtown Disney would be a nice spot for one.

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
Pongo said:
Hmmm... I disagree. Florida has some of the most famous and beautiful beaches in the world. There is nowhere you can possibly be in Florida and be more than an HOUR AWAY from the ocean.

spot for one.

Exactly my point AN HOUR AWAY

Jekyll Baker

ILLmaticS0ldier said:
Exactly my point AN HOUR AWAY

An hour drive is not that bad! Once it actually took me over an hour to get from Wilderness Lodge to Animal Kingdom Lodge using WDW transportation! Also, I grew up in south Georgia, where the nearest movie theatre, Walmart, and anything else to do, was 40-50 miles away.

GothMickey

The problem with that is swimming in lakes has been outlawed in Florida right? They would have to make a beach near the lakes... And people are going to want to swim in the lake... Didn't the EPA have something to do with lake swimming cause of bacteria concerns? The water parks and pools are sufficient enough.. No need for beaches... And Grand Floridian has a beach, and doesn't Beach Club have one too?

bhg469

As far as the waterslide you were referring to, grush and gusher at typhoon lagoon like what you described. Disney is already all over it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
GothMickey said:
The problem with that is swimming in lakes has been outlawed in Florida right? They would have to make a beach near the lakes... And people are going to want to swim in the lake... Didn't the EPA have something to do with lake swimming cause of bacteria concerns? The water parks and pools are sufficient enough.. No need for beaches... And Grand Floridian has a beach, and doesn't Beach Club have one too?

Really? Swimming in lakes has been outlawed? I grew up there and we went swimming in lakes, springs, and spring fed sink holes all the time. Now, I'm really curious about this and I am going to have to look this up.

pintraderpayee

If you are from Miami why do you want to go to a beach on vacation? I also wonder about people from Louisiana who stay at WDW's Louisiana themed resorts:rolleyes: Why dey do dat?

18 days until the "yellow limo" is ºoºrlando bound (27 teens-school bus-930 miles of smiles :hammer: :sohappy: )

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
bhg469 said:
As far as the waterslide you were referring to, grush and gusher at typhoon lagoon like what you described. Disney is already all over it.

o thats uphill o ok i was wondering why disney woudn't make a slide like that lol

ILLmaticS0ldier

Original Poster
pintraderpayee said:
If you are from Miami why do you want to go to a beach on vacation? I also wonder about people from Louisiana who stay at WDW's Louisiana themed resorts:rolleyes: Why dey do dat?

18 days until the "yellow limo" is ºoºrlando bound (27 teens-school bus-930 miles of smiles :hammer: :sohappy: )

I woudn't go im jus saying for them i can go to plenty of beaches in south florida

MayKit

My guess is....

that people who stay at the PO resorts from Louisiana mostly stay there when they have rooms available at the right time! lol Though I am from New England, and did enjoy my stay at the Beach Club.

CaptainMichael

pintraderpayee said:
Ok, I'm from Louisiana, and we have stayed at POFQ. The reason is that it is a moderate, good location, and it is beautiful. It is the French Quarter without the drunks, homeless people, and criminals.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
ASJHLJ said:
Really? Swimming in lakes has been outlawed? I grew up there and we went swimming in lakes, springs, and spring fed sink holes all the time. Now, I'm really curious about this and I am going to have to look this up.

Swimming in lakes in Florida is not illegal. There is a form of bacteria which in the summer months can be a problem. But neither the EPA or any other agency has banned swimming in lakes statewide. There may have been isloated incidents where a lake has been declared unsafe to swim though. :wave:

pintraderpayee

STR8FAN2005 said:
Ok, I'm from Louisiana, and we have stayed at POFQ. The reason is that it is a moderate, good location, and it is beautiful. It is the French Quarter without the drunks, homeless people, and criminals.

No garbage on the ground.....no knee deep water after a 5 minute rain.....no snakes floating by.......I get it:lol: I love Louisiana, but just want to experience different sights and sounds on vacation. I do bring my own bottle of Tabasco to WDW with me though:D

17 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

CaptainMichael

pintraderpayee said:
No garbage on the ground.....no knee deep water after a 5 minute rain.....no snakes floating by.......I get it:lol: I love Louisiana, but just want to experience different sights and sounds on vacation. I do bring my own bottle of Tabasco to WDW with me though:D
Believe me, I wasn't fond of staying there at first, but we couldn't convince my father to stay at Coranado Springs. For some strange reason, he is hell bent on not staying there.

DisneyDancer312

all i know is that when im in disney, i could care less about beaches, i think if i wanted to be at a beach and still get the disney satisfaction, id take the cruise. :p

pintraderpayee

STR8FAN2005 said:
Believe me, I wasn't fond of staying there at first, but we couldn't convince my father to stay at Coranado Springs. For some strange reason, he is hell bent on not staying there.

My dad is a history prof. at NSU (Natchitoches campus) and I cannot convince him to go to WDW. If I ever succeed he'll probably want to stay at the Louisiana themed resorts to see if they got the details right:brick: Gotta luv 'em though:lol:

16 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

Bravesfn1

Didn't you used to be able to swim in Seven Seas Lagoon if you stayed at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian? I remember staying at the Grand Floridain and swimming at the beach area there when I was younger. When I went to WDW in October they had signs at both of the resorts beaches saying swimming is not allowed. Anybody know why?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom