New theming added to Boulangerie Patisserie

Prototype82

Original Poster
To those of you who complained about the lack of theming in the new France Pavilion bakery, it seems Disney has answered your request. I probably got a little too excited over something so subtle. There are a few added details and props scattered about the walls now. For those in fear of the modernization of World Showcase, check out those Old World cooking scales.

The Empress Lilly

It looks rubbish. No self-respecting Frenchman would buy his bread here. It is a factory, a modern McBoulangerie.

Amazingly, every single boulangerie in Paris looks more charming than the Disneyfied version of it. French boulangeries are nearly all built in a quaint, traditional style.

It is the world upside down. Disney has got the modern, cold, real world variant, and the real world France has got the quaint, Disneyfied version of itself.

6a00e5520037e588330120a627f2c2970b-320wi

936720463_f20ada145f.jpg

images

71jason

It is the world upside down. Disney has got the modern, cold, real world variant, and the real world France has got the quaint, Disneyfied version of itself.

WDW is all about selling as much product as possible, while the rest of the world adopted the Disney model. Don't have to go to France--in the US you can find chain restaurants with better, more interesting theming than their WDW counterparts.

DVC91

Whoa, almost made a big mistake on a comment here. I thought for a moment that Starbucks bought Boulangerie but in reality bought La Boulange, a company based out of San Fransisco. whew!

ToTBellHop

Jerome Bocuse only focus is the bottom line. Which is why Remy has been eradicated.
I think he more doesn't see it as reasonable to pay for a squeaking rat in his nice French restaurant. I would argue his focus is good food. I don't find the prices to be particularly unreasonable.

RSoxNo1

Whoa, almost made a big mistake on a comment here. I thought for a moment that Starbucks bought Boulangerie but in reality bought La Boulange, a company based out of San Fransisco. whew!
Username DVC91, new user, avatar is the NextGen Mickey... forgive me if I view you as a spy until proven otherwise.

DVC91

Would it be better if I used the original DVC logo? I just used the NextGen logo cause I was attempting to photoshop it for my iphone lock screen and it was saved to my desktop lol. I've been reading these forums for a couple years but only recently started posting. I swear I'm not a spy! Perhaps a series of photos, beginning with one of 2 year old me in Old Key West might suffice?

Prototype82

Original Poster
It has good pastry, which is what matters most to me. For some reason, Jerome Bocuse approved of the current look.
I'll admit, it was built with speed and not theming in mind, but I'm going to be lame and say it has a warm feeling in there, even if it isn't historically accurate or as charming as it could be.

I haven't had the pastries since the rebuild, but sweet mother, those café parfaits are amazing with a Kronenbourg 1664...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom