News New Theater to be built at the Magic Kingdom - now cancelled?

Rteetz

They should be able to do a lot of the work without having to impact the bypass. With that said, Water Management Permits are normally filed a few months in advance so we won't see major work until after the parties anyway.
I am interested to see where the WDW runs this year as you typically enter MK through that backstage area and run onto Main Street. If we do run by that I will be sure to get photos ;)

JBIRDTO

Here's a 3D point of view. I had to make the new red walkway elevated to cover up all the stuff there. It will be at current ground level.

View attachment 245613

And another overlay, with the full blueprint...

View attachment 245621
This is such a large area outside the front of the theatre. I am a bit concerned that this will break the main street illusion if guests have to access through the bypass. Will the new theatre be an extension of Center street or simply lightly themed to the bypass?

The concept art looks very nice. Hopefully this will feel like a whole new neighbourhood or true expansion of main street.

Timothy_Q

This is such a large area outside the front of the theatre. I am a bit concerned that this will break the main street illusion if guests have to access through the bypass. Will the new theatre be an extension of Center street or simply lightly themed to the bypass?

The concept art looks very nice. Hopefully this will feel like a whole new neighbourhood or true expansion of main street.
I'd love for this project to be done with the same level of care as the Harambe Theater and Market expansions.
Additions that perfectly fit and complement the original area

I'm not holding my breath though

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think the pathways on the left and right are planned to be open regularly, correct?

The artist's concept showed people milling about in the plaza implying an open-to-the-public stance.

One insider, though, has said it won't be generally open to the public.

And @marni1971 has said that Center Street (the dead end off-shoot off of Main Street) will be reconfigured as the entrance to the area.

I'm wondering about where the queue for the next show will be. Will it have a giant lobby?

OliveMcFly

Maybe it's been mentioned and I'm too lazy to read back but do we know if this will house seasonal shows or will we get something permanent? Maybe with Mickey and not Frozen?

matt9112

by being on the same permit is it just convience or will both projects share workers and such? as in built at same time?

IMDREW

Anyone know what they’ll do with the parades? Ususally the parades exit the side of the bypass right? Will they now only be using the other side of mainstreet or will the parades exit beside the new theater?

PREMiERdrum

Anyone know what they’ll do with the parades? Ususally the parades exit the side of the bypass right? Will they now only be using the other side of mainstreet or will the parades exit beside the new theater?

I thought the parade gates were on the Adventureland side of Main Street and back between Pirates and Splash, right? There shouldn't be any impact here at all.

Last edited:

IMDREW

I thought the parade gates were on the Adventureland side of Main Street and back between Pirates and Splaah, right? There shouldn't be any impact here at all.

Oh wait, you’re right. I always see the floats turning left (looking from the castle down mainstreet) but thats ofcourse because they go around the little hun there at the entrance. My mistake!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
by being on the same permit is it just convience or will both projects share workers and such? as in built at same time?

Since both projects are close to each other they will share the water management changes, that's why they are included on the same water management permit.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I’m assuming an indoor arcade like in Paris would be too much to ask for on that side of Main Street?

Frankiepopsicles

The site that shall not be named just posted some info for the MK Theater.
The theater will hold around 2000 guests, with 1500 of them seated on the main floor, and another roughly 500 on a mezzanine level. It will be very similar in size to the Hyperion Theater at Disney California Adventure, but not nearly as tall and steep. To accommodate all of these guests, two new sets of restrooms will be a part of the structure, with one set located outside and another within (meaning guests won’t have to leave the building if they have to use the facilities while a show is taking place). The entrance to one of the outside restrooms is visible in the concept art above, located all the way to the left by the popcorn cart”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom